Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
The Bears reached a new level of stupid even for them by trading Fields, and trading him so cheap just compounds it. Yes, I sort of agree that the Steelers could and maybe would retrade him kinda like house-flipping. The more likely scenario, though, is that they let Wilson and Fields compete, and Fields wins as their QB1. Meanwhile, the Bears go with Caleb Williams or one of the other busts waiting to happen.
Why do you think Justin Fields is better than Russell Wilson?

CHI has a GM/HC who are on borrowed time and a culture for not developing QBs. I think anything they did would be problematic. If they had any capacity to develop a QB - and maybe they discover it - they draft a QB, let him sit for at least 8-10 games (if not more) and shove Fields out there to play QB in the meantime. Then you either trade Fields at the deadline or let his contract expire and pray for a comp pick if you don't trade him. They aren't considered contenders for the SB, might as well figure out what you have and try to develop your young talent.

As it is, they are definitely taking a QB and will start them right away. I'm not sure if they have the support structure to succeed. I hope not since it's the Bears but I also hate to see a young player's career get smashed by a garbage organization. (The consolation is at least they'll be very rich)