Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Offseason/Free Agency Thread

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter

Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Right move. How anyone thought Fields was the QB of the future in Chicago is beyond me. He doesn’t have the “it” factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Right move. How anyone thought Fields was the QB of the future in Chicago is beyond me. He doesn’t have the “it” factor.
    A lot less than what they were originally hoping to get for him though. Bears don't have a pick in rounds 2, 5, 6 and 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    A lot less than what they were originally hoping to get for him though. Bears don't have a pick in rounds 2, 5, 6 and 7.
    Two things: first, to whom has he been traded?

And secondly, for a team that is so far from contention, about to start over with a rookie QB, WTF are they doing trading for 32 year old wide receivers and signing old running backs and ending up after fleecing Carolina last year with no picks in rounds two, five, six, and seven?

THE BEAR STILL SUCK.

HARD.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Two things: first, to whom has he been traded?

And secondly, for a team that is so far from contention, about to start over with a rookie QB, WTF are they doing trading for 32 year old wide receivers and signing old running backs and ending up after fleecing Carolina last year with no picks in rounds two, five, six, and seven?

THE BEAR STILL SUCK.

HARD.
    Pittsburgh
    Because they're the Bears

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    As many (maybe most) of you folks know, I have a very limited football IQ.
    I can tell you this - Justin Fields has all the tools to be an elite NFL quarter back. He was drafted by the Bears (bad luck), "developed" under three different OC's and systems. He is loved and respected in the locker room.

Justin Fields is broken.
    Best case scenario is he gets to a team that has a season or two, with a genuine QB coach and OC to fix him.

In todays NFL world thats not probable.
    Which sucks.

Pittsburgh
    This. Also, whatever QB they pick, it will be the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    As many (maybe most) of you folks know, I have a very limited football IQ.
    I can tell you this - Justin Fields has all the tools to be an elite NFL quarter back. He was drafted by the Bears (bad luck), "developed" under three different OC's and systems. He is loved and respected in the locker room.

Justin Fields is broken.
    Best case scenario is he gets to a team that has a season or two, with a genuine QB coach and OC to fix him.

In todays NFL world thats not probable.
    Which sucks.
    Pittsburgh ain't that team though. And I don't think it would matter. I don't think Fields can read defenses well enough to be great. But there certainly will be teams in the NFL this year with starting QB's worse than Fields.

Pittsburgh ain't that team though. And I don't think it would matter. I don't think Fields can read defenses well enough to be great. But there certainly will be teams in the NFL this year with starting QB's worse than Fields.
    Plus, you know there's going to be drama, friction, and personality conflict in the quarterback room with Russell Wilson as the starter. That atmosphere's sure not going to help Fields rebuild himself.

Still, a hell of a deal for Pittsburgh. As much as a wild card as Russell Wilson is, they got an at least somehwta capable backup for as little as a 6th-Rounder. The Bears were desperate to be rid of him.

Dman, I'm going to miss him though.

hahahaha It looks like I was wrong. The Bears really are that stupid. It's no accident they still suck, I guess.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahaha It looks like I was wrong. The Bears really are that stupid. It's no accident they still suck, I guess.
    Truer words were never spoke

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Truer words were never spoke
    3 sentences, 3 truths. Of course, anytime someone's post includes some variation of "Bears still suck", they're going to come away with points no matter what else they say. There is no curve to that scoring system.

Pittsburgh
    Weird for Pittsburgh, too, in a way. So . . . he's the backup to Russell Wilson? The Steelers seem to have two broken QB's now.

Boy, the Bears really are weird. They are really pulling some head-scratching moves.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

So, already the Bears will be on their third starting QB during the Jordan Love Era in GB.
    Some things never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Weird for Pittsburgh, too, in a way. So . . . he's the backup to Russell Wilson? The Steelers seem to have two broken QB's now.

Boy, the Bears really are weird. They are really pulling some head-scratching moves.
    I don't understand the Steelers on this one, other than getting another limp piece of spaghetti to throw at a wall. They need a good draft pick to develop and not a failed Bears QB.

The Bears are just stupid. Their coach needs to win now to keep his job, but the Bears have no QB and a ton of draft capital, which puts them a couple years away, if they have a competent and stable coaching staff. What they have is a recipe to ruin the best QB in the draft.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

The Steelers hired Arthur Smith as OC, he got Tannehill productive for TEN back in the day. If they can get Fields to sit for a year Smith might be able to revive Fields' career. It's 50/50. Russell Wilson is a weird move but they need a competent QB and Pickett wasn't it. Wilson comes dirt cheap for PIT and might be a bit humbled after DEN, who knows. He started out trash but looked better from the GB game on so there might be something there still. I doubt Tomlin puts up with a lot of Wilson's weird shit.

Not surprised CHI dealt Fields, I think that was the general belief. Don't see how they trade down or not take a QB now. And yes, they have a recipe to ruin a good QB talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    So, already the Bears will be on their third starting QB during the Jordan Love Era in GB.
    Some things never change.
    part of me is a bit worried that the bears are gonna draft the top QB in the draft. the other part of me realizes that this isn't the first time they've drafting a QB high, and they've managed to screw them all up so far

plus celeb doesn't strike me as elite, and he has a very high opinion of himself, and might become a headache, like refusing to play for them, or demanding to be part owner (yes, he did say this was a requirement for the team drafting him, even though its against the rules)

De'vondre Campbell had some things to say, mainly about Packers defensive coaching staff. Here's the link to his twitter account if you want to see everything he's responding to. https://twitter.com/Came_Along_Way

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

Listen man.. There’s so much I could say but for the longest I just kept it to myself and kept taking the blame. I don’t work for the organization anymore so anytime I see some false information I’m going to correct it and tell the truth. If you don’t wanna hear the truth sorry

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

Why yall keep saying I trashed the Packers?? I never ONCE said anything negative about the organization. Best organization I’ve ever been apart of at this point but it’s some coaches I lost ALL respect for

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

Fast forward to 2022, 2023 season I tried to be a team guy and play within the system and do what they asked “Be more visual on QB and not look up routes” “Back up from LOS so I’m not pressing every WR or TE” Look at what happened. They had me, Quay out there looking clueless smh

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

The organization didn’t even call me to ask if I wanted to take a pay cut. They just released me after going in the media and saying me and Aaron jones were apart of the future plans. They could’ve just told me the truth. I could easily be bitter but I’m not.

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

Because we ran a split safety system meaning we use our safeties a lot in the run fit so if I shoot my gap before the safety triggers we can get gashed so most of the time me and quay were just tryna buy time for our safeties to get there. We don’t have MOFC structure

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

You wanna know why we played better??? Because I started going and having private meetings with Matt telling him we needed to be more aggressive. We needed more man and we needed to blitz more and what happened when they listened to me. WE PLAYED WELL AND WON ITS NO COINCIDENCE

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

I love all the fans that love me. The 3 years I spent in GB were definitely special and I appreciate all the support you guys have given me over the last 3 years. Hope you guys enjoy your Sunday
    Last edited by Joemailman; 03-17-2024 at 08:10 PM.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    De'vondre Campbell had some things to say, mainly about Packers defensive coaching staff. Here's the link to his twitter account if you want to see everything he's responding to. https://twitter.com/Came_Along_Way

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

Listen man.. There’s so much I could say but for the longest I just kept it to myself and kept taking the blame. I don’t work for the organization anymore so anytime I see some false information I’m going to correct it and tell the truth. If you don’t wanna hear the truth sorry

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

Why yall keep saying I trashed the Packers?? I never ONCE said anything negative about the organization. Best organization I’ve ever been apart of at this point but it’s some coaches I lost ALL respect for

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

Fast forward to 2022, 2023 season I tried to be a team guy and play within the system and do what they asked “Be more visual on QB and not look up routes” “Back up from LOS so I’m not pressing every WR or TE” Look at what happened. They had me, Quay out there looking clueless smh

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

The organization didn’t even call me to ask if I wanted to take a pay cut. They just released me after going in the media and saying me and Aaron jones were apart of the future plans. They could’ve just told me the truth. I could easily be bitter but I’m not.

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

Because we ran a split safety system meaning we use our safeties a lot in the run fit so if I shoot my gap before the safety triggers we can get gashed so most of the time me and quay were just tryna buy time for our safeties to get there. We don’t have MOFC structure

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

You wanna know why we played better??? Because I started going and having private meetings with Matt telling him we needed to be more aggressive. We needed more man and we needed to blitz more and what happened when they listened to me. WE PLAYED WELL AND WON ITS NO COINCIDENCE

De'Vondre Campbell
    @Came_Along_Way

I love all the fans that love me. The 3 years I spent in GB were definitely special and I appreciate all the support you guys have given me over the last 3 years. Hope you guys enjoy your Sunday
    Wow, that is shocking.

I guess that reinforces some of the things we were seeing over and over, game after game during the first 2/3 of the season.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Wow, that is shocking.

I guess that reinforces some of the things we were seeing over and over, game after game during the first 2/3 of the season.
    Rasul traded half way through the season. Campbell obviously not happy. Jaire having an off year and then suspended a game. Kind of amazing they avoided a total breakdown on defense. I suspect MLF knew after the TB game he needed a new DC. Just didn't want to do it during the season, which I think was the right move.