Thread: who do have have the most confidence in at WR for 2024?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    SERIOUS considerations:

Would you trade Watson for a top tier Safety ?

How would you feel about the Watson for Jonathon Taylor trade that it sounds like we turned down ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    SERIOUS considerations:

Would you trade Watson for a top tier Safety ?

How would you feel about the Watson for Jonathon Taylor trade that it sounds like we turned down ?
    First question? Yeah, depending on the cap hit.

Secomd - good question. I sure wouldn't have at the time, and probably wouldn't do it now either. I don't know if we need a $14M dollar RB as bady as we do some other things. I think Aaron will see us through 24 just fine, and if we draft a good replacement for him in April, the new player should be able to ease into a solid contributing role in 25.

But you raise a good point, because we all need to start getting used to the fact that by 2025 we're going to be trading WRs. Possibly even as early as 24, in some scenarios. There's no way we're going to be able to pay all these guys market rate going into the 25-26 seasons, so best practice might be to start getting some value from them fairly soon.