Thread: Best Punter Currently in the NFL?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Best Punter Currently in the NFL?

Whoever that dude is, I’d like to buy his jersey to wear to the poker room as a form of reverse psychology. You know, to remind myself not to punt away my stack.

For those of you not familiar with poker terminologies, punting is pissing away one’s chips, usually in an all-in move.

I know, we all see punters (and kickers) as wimpy soccer players. But any idea who’s currently the best punter in the NFL?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Either the Seahawks' Michael Dickson or the Lions' Jameson Williams, depending upon which definition of "punter" you want to use.

But I predict big things for Daniel Whelan next year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Either the Seahawks' Michael Dickson or the Lions' Jameson Williams, depending upon which definition of "punter" you want to use.

But I predict big things for Daniel Whelan next year.

Thanks. The only punter I could name was “Thunder” Dan Whelan.

A guy wearing a Seafuck jersey that reads “Dickson” on the back in Green Bay would definitely stand out. But $170 for a fake jersey? Now I really do regret punting away a boatload of frogskins the other day.

Get real, APB. Luck is just luck. Like shit, it happens, and stupid superstition doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. And stop making excuses for your pathetic gambling losses (and I say this as somebody who likes and respects you better than most in here).
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Get real, APB. Luck is just luck. Like shit, it happens, and stupid superstition doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. And stop making excuses for your pathetic gambling losses (and I say this as somebody who likes and respects you better than most in here).
    You’re a wise man, Tex.

The idiot in me is giving the poker dream one more shot. Last 5k. If I punt it all, I’m done for real. Hopefully, I’ll win enough to stack Bobble in Vegas one day.

Who cares about punters? I just want a really good holder for place kicks who can also punt. As long as he's not doing a lot of 30 yards line drive punts, I'm good.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Who cares about punters? I just want a really good holder for place kicks who can also punt. As long as he's not doing a lot of 30 yards line drive punts, I'm good.
    Ted Thompson said exactly the same thing you said above after he idiotically cut Jon Ryan. How’d that turn out?

Nah. I want a punter who can boom it 55 yards with a big hang time, consistently. And in my dreams, the guy also resurrects the lost art of the coffin corner punt, and can regularly pin offenses within the five yard line when given the opportunity.

Oh, and I want to date a hot, wealthy woman who is absolutely wild in the bedroom and has a thing for 60-some year old balding white guys.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack