View Poll Results: Who Should Gute Draft At #25?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laiatu Latu - EDGE - UCLA

0 0%
  • Byron Murphy - DL - Texas

1 3.70%
  • Cooper DeJean - CB - Iowa

9 33.33%
  • Jackson Powers-Johnson - IOL - Oregon

1 3.70%
  • Troy Fautanu - OT - Washington

2 7.41%
  • Nate Wiggins - CB - Clemson

0 0%
  • Jer'zhan Newton - DL - Illinois

1 3.70%
  • Tyler Guyton - OT - Oklahoma

0 0%
  • Ennis Rakestraw - CB - Missouri

0 0%
  • Chop Robinson - EDGE - Penn St.

4 14.81%
  • Kool-Aid McKinstry - CB - Alabama

1 3.70%
  • Darius Robinson - EDGE - Missouri

0 0%
  • Graham Barton - IOL - Duke

3 11.11%
  • T'Vondre Sweat - DL - Texas

0 0%
  • Tyler Nubin - S - Minnesota

1 3.70%
  • Kamari Lassiter - CB - Georgia

0 0%
  • Brian Thomas - WR - LSU

0 0%
  • Other

3 11.11%
  • Trade Up For....

0 0%
  • Trade Down For...

1 3.70%

Thread: Who Should Gute Draft At #25? 1.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Voted Other in the poll, and my ideal choice is JC Latham. Quite possible he goes in the 10-24 range, though.

Would be happy with a corner prospect if there is no OL available, or DL if Newton falls down to us.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    at what point does [Wahle] talk about Walker?
    About a quarter way or a third in to the video. I didn't watch everything he had to say, but my takeaway from the analysis (no disagreement from me, at any point):

Film was from the Panthers game... Walker is a plus effort player with good natural strength and issues with (most specifically) hand technique, pad level (narrowing base and standing too tall), footwork (some false steps, but also some curious strategy about initial posturing pre-snap -- coaching).

Grand takeaway is that Walker should not be considered a liability, but the jury is out - if he improves the technical aspects, he's got the physical traits and a good motor and the marriage of all those things could make him a damn good LT.
    Last edited by smuggler; 03-25-2024 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Voted Other in the poll, and my ideal choice is JC Latham. Quite possible he goes in the 10-24 range, though.

Would be happy with a corner prospect if there is no OL available, or DL if Newton falls down to us.

About a quarter way or a third in to the video. I didn't watch everything he had to say, but my takeaway from the analysis (no disagreement from me, at any point):

Film was from the Panthers game... Walker is a plus effort player with good natural strength and issues with (most specifically) hand technique, pad level (narrowing base and standing too tall), footwork (some false steps, but also some curious strategy about initial posturing pre-snap -- coaching).

Grand takeaway is that Walker should not be considered a liability, but the jury is out - if he improves the technical aspects, he's got the physical traits and a good motor and the marriage of all those things could make him a damn good LT.
    i've seen latham going after our pick, so don't count anything out

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post

Hand tech is the easiest thing to learn. I'm not concerned with his pad level because he is big and long, and in the run game he moves people regardless of how (and pad level is nearly impossible to teach. You have natural low center or not). He does need more work on his feet and its not easy to learn, but he improved throughout the year so I expect more.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Hand tech is the easiest thing to learn. I'm not concerned with his pad level because he is big and long, and in the run game he moves people regardless of how (and pad level is nearly impossible to teach. You have natural low center or not). He does need more work on his feet and its not easy to learn, but he improved throughout the year so I expect more.
    Mike McCarthy would be foaming at the mouth if he read this, but he stopped reading Packerrats after he left.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Mike McCarthy would be foaming at the mouth if he read this, but he stopped reading Packerrats after he left.
    I never liked him as a poster. Always talking about how Packer Rats needed to clean things up.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I never liked him as a poster. Always talking about how Packer Rats needed to clean things up.
    But constantly promising it would get cleaned up.

Made me feel very reassured.