View Poll Results: Who Should Gute Draft At #25?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laiatu Latu - EDGE - UCLA

0 0%
  • Byron Murphy - DL - Texas

1 3.70%
  • Cooper DeJean - CB - Iowa

9 33.33%
  • Jackson Powers-Johnson - IOL - Oregon

1 3.70%
  • Troy Fautanu - OT - Washington

2 7.41%
  • Nate Wiggins - CB - Clemson

0 0%
  • Jer'zhan Newton - DL - Illinois

1 3.70%
  • Tyler Guyton - OT - Oklahoma

0 0%
  • Ennis Rakestraw - CB - Missouri

0 0%
  • Chop Robinson - EDGE - Penn St.

4 14.81%
  • Kool-Aid McKinstry - CB - Alabama

1 3.70%
  • Darius Robinson - EDGE - Missouri

0 0%
  • Graham Barton - IOL - Duke

3 11.11%
  • T'Vondre Sweat - DL - Texas

0 0%
  • Tyler Nubin - S - Minnesota

1 3.70%
  • Kamari Lassiter - CB - Georgia

0 0%
  • Brian Thomas - WR - LSU

0 0%
  • Other

3 11.11%
  • Trade Up For....

0 0%
  • Trade Down For...

1 3.70%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Gute Draft At #25? 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I hope they sign Rudy Ford. I actually thought he played better than Owens before he got hurt. And they'll be drafting at least one.

Agree. I'd like him on ST and as the 3rd safety in a pinch.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I'm hoping they grab Murphy or one of the Robinsons. They have capital to move up if all three are going off the board. Let Hafley work his magic on the back end with what we have and a later pick db.

dejean just looks and sounds too perfect for what we need

trade up to get him if you have to

Now that they have signed McKinney and supposedly are shopping around for another FA Safety, I doubt they draft a Safety, Dejean or other in the first or second round. I said before we ever got McKinney that I was hoping they go the FA route, as Safety is one of those positions where hotshot college players don't often translate to great pros, at least not in their early years.

What do we need most with the new D coordinator? Still hard to say. It's a lot easier to say a lot of position groups we don't need. The biggest needs are probably RB and ILB, neither of which is usually a good idea to take in the first round.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    dejean just looks and sounds too perfect for what we need

trade up to get him if you have to

I would agree with the good fit

A week before FA they asked Wilde and Tauscher for the dream scenario for our secondary.

They said, get the Giants guy in FA and then follow up with DeJean and that would be the perfect scenario. THe first step is done.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

If you haven't watched Wahle, you're missing out. Good break down of Rasheed Walker, and great thoughts about draft at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8dlGTF2fc

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    If you haven't watched Wahle, you're missing out. Good break down of Rasheed Walker, and great thoughts about draft at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp8dlGTF2fc
    I don't have time right now, at what point does he talk about Walker? I'm interested as I think that if he plays like he did the last 4 weeks and the playoffs we are set at LT for awhile.

After some reading, I think I want them to take JPJ in the first round:

THE JUGGERNAUT

Jackson Powers-Johnson: The Packers Next Juggernaut? | (packerstalk.com)

Voted Other in the poll, and my ideal choice is JC Latham. Quite possible he goes in the 10-24 range, though.

Would be happy with a corner prospect if there is no OL available, or DL if Newton falls down to us.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    at what point does [Wahle] talk about Walker?
    About a quarter way or a third in to the video. I didn't watch everything he had to say, but my takeaway from the analysis (no disagreement from me, at any point):

Film was from the Panthers game... Walker is a plus effort player with good natural strength and issues with (most specifically) hand technique, pad level (narrowing base and standing too tall), footwork (some false steps, but also some curious strategy about initial posturing pre-snap -- coaching).

Grand takeaway is that Walker should not be considered a liability, but the jury is out - if he improves the technical aspects, he's got the physical traits and a good motor and the marriage of all those things could make him a damn good LT.
    Last edited by smuggler; 03-25-2024 at 02:42 PM.

Pad level! Pad level! Pad level!

Where's Mike McCarthy when you need him?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Voted Other in the poll, and my ideal choice is JC Latham. Quite possible he goes in the 10-24 range, though.

Would be happy with a corner prospect if there is no OL available, or DL if Newton falls down to us.

About a quarter way or a third in to the video. I didn't watch everything he had to say, but my takeaway from the analysis (no disagreement from me, at any point):

Film was from the Panthers game... Walker is a plus effort player with good natural strength and issues with (most specifically) hand technique, pad level (narrowing base and standing too tall), footwork (some false steps, but also some curious strategy about initial posturing pre-snap -- coaching).

Grand takeaway is that Walker should not be considered a liability, but the jury is out - if he improves the technical aspects, he's got the physical traits and a good motor and the marriage of all those things could make him a damn good LT.
    i've seen latham going after our pick, so don't count anything out

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    After some reading, I think I want them to take JPJ in the first round:

THE JUGGERNAUT

Jackson Powers-Johnson: The Packers Next Juggernaut? | (packerstalk.com)
    i'd be more then fine with him

get rid of that mistake at center we have now

Blog Entries
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Bring what?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Bring what?
    The Chop....aka...Chop Robinson

I really can't get very excited about Packer picks until they happen. I definitely hope they do not take an OLineman in the first round. The closest thing to needs that we have are ILB and RB, neither of which are generally good to take in the first round. So I guess, getting a hotshot pass rusher like Robinson would be my choice.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Throwing in a vote for Kool-Aid here. Rumor at this link says Packers could be interested. Seems like a safe pick, if he doesn't work out on the outside could be good at slot or free safety.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...spects-players

"It was also reported that Green Bay had extended conversations with cornerback Kool-Aid McKinstry, who also has return ability, at Alabama’s pro day."

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kool-a...4-0b09c691ed50

Quote Originally Posted by wthigoot View Post
    Throwing in a vote for Kool-Aid here. Rumor at this link says Packers could be interested. Seems like a safe pick, if he doesn't work out on the outside could be good at slot or free safety.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...spects-players

"It was also reported that Green Bay had extended conversations with cornerback Kool-Aid McKinstry, who also has return ability, at Alabama’s pro day."

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kool-a...4-0b09c691ed50
    I hope they draft him so a reporter can ask his girlfriend if she's drinking the Kool-Aid.

And if they draft someone with that first pick who's not a safety or linebacker, you can say with some certainty that they're not drafting strictly for need. Nobody likes a "reach" pick.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I really can't get very excited about Packer picks until they happen. I definitely hope they do not take an OLineman in the first round. The closest thing to needs that we have are ILB and RB, neither of which are generally good to take in the first round. So I guess, getting a hotshot pass rusher like Robinson would be my choice.
    Yes, just say no to the fats, the Yokozunas - be it a fat offensive lineman or a fat defensive lineman.

Everyone is enamored by the white corner, but I wouldn’t mind the Packers trading up for WR Xavier Worthy, a poor man’s Tyreek Hill. Watson has the Claymaker metrosexual disorder and can’t be counted on to suit up week after week. Draft Worthy and, if J-Love gets better, Pack offense could morph into the greatest show on earth not seen since the Wu-Tang Clan was in their prime.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post

Hand tech is the easiest thing to learn. I'm not concerned with his pad level because he is big and long, and in the run game he moves people regardless of how (and pad level is nearly impossible to teach. You have natural low center or not). He does need more work on his feet and its not easy to learn, but he improved throughout the year so I expect more.