View Poll Results: Who Should Gute Draft At #25?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laiatu Latu - EDGE - UCLA

0 0%
  • Byron Murphy - DL - Texas

1 3.70%
  • Cooper DeJean - CB - Iowa

9 33.33%
  • Jackson Powers-Johnson - IOL - Oregon

1 3.70%
  • Troy Fautanu - OT - Washington

2 7.41%
  • Nate Wiggins - CB - Clemson

0 0%
  • Jer'zhan Newton - DL - Illinois

1 3.70%
  • Tyler Guyton - OT - Oklahoma

0 0%
  • Ennis Rakestraw - CB - Missouri

0 0%
  • Chop Robinson - EDGE - Penn St.

4 14.81%
  • Kool-Aid McKinstry - CB - Alabama

1 3.70%
  • Darius Robinson - EDGE - Missouri

0 0%
  • Graham Barton - IOL - Duke

3 11.11%
  • T'Vondre Sweat - DL - Texas

0 0%
  • Tyler Nubin - S - Minnesota

1 3.70%
  • Kamari Lassiter - CB - Georgia

0 0%
  • Brian Thomas - WR - LSU

0 0%
  • Other

3 11.11%
  • Trade Up For....

0 0%
  • Trade Down For...

1 3.70%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Should Gute Draft At #25? 1.0

This is an OT and WR draft so presumably he'll feast on one of those or go for something that is neglected because people are feasting. I have to imagine it's a CB, OT, or DL imo.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    This is an OT and WR draft so presumably he'll feast on one of those or go for something that is neglected because people are feasting. I have to imagine it's a CB, OT, or DL imo.
    It's also a QB and CB draft. If teams feast on OT, WR, QB and CB, a DT or Edge could slip through. Daniel Jeremiah's top 40 has this positional breakdown:

WR: 7
    OT: 7
    QB: 6
    CB: 6
    ER: 5
    DL: 3
    IOL: 3
    LB: 2
    TE: 1
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I would love it if they came away with a CB and edge from those top 50.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I would love it if they came away with a CB and edge from those top 50.
    Any combination of corner, safety, defensive line, edge, offensive line. Hell, if they draft a wide receiver that early, all I could say would be "Geez, they must really, really like this guy." And if that's what they do, then, well, okay.

My hope is that maybe JJ McCarthy is still sitting there when the Packers pick, and a team offers them a ransom for the chance to draft him.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Any combination of corner, safety, defensive line, edge, offensive line. Hell, if they draft a wide receiver that early, all I could say would be "Geez, they must really, really like this guy." And if that's what they do, then, well, okay.

My hope is that maybe JJ McCarthy is still sitting there when the Packers pick, and a team offers them a ransom for the chance to draft him.
    There are few mock drafts that have McCarthy getting past the Vikings at #11. Even if he did, there are other teams that would likely take him before he got to the Packers. So far in the poll there are votes for CB, S, DL, EDGE, IOL, and OT.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It would be almost funny if Guter drafted a QB at #25.

“Hey man, we just go BPA in this organization.”

Or maybe Michael Penix or Bo Nix is sitting there, and some team gets jumpy and trades up with the Pack to get their guy.

Wait - and it’s THE JETS who do it! They used their high first rounder on an offensive tackle to make Rodgers happy, then trade their third and fourth rounders plus next year’s first rounder for that #25 pick. Aaron Rodgers comes out with cryptic comments immediately following the draft.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

At 25 I could see about 10 guys similar being available. Trading to the early 2nd might make sense if someone gives us value. So many good tackles in this draft. Some guys like Jordan Morgan probably goes like 20 most years, but might end up 30-40 in this draft (or later). He's got some Zach Tom to him. Good technician, can play tackle or guard. Personally I hope they go with OL. Mims is a beast, but needs some refinement. All the top 5 posted good RAS scores and did nothing to hurt their cause.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    At 25 I could see about 10 guys similar being available. Trading to the early 2nd might make sense if someone gives us value. So many good tackles in this draft. Some guys like Jordan Morgan probably goes like 20 most years, but might end up 30-40 in this draft (or later). He's got some Zach Tom to him. Good technician, can play tackle or guard. Personally I hope they go with OL. Mims is a beast, but needs some refinement. All the top 5 posted good RAS scores and did nothing to hurt their cause.
    The problem is if other teams see this too, who's going to trade up?

I've got a bad feeling that they're gonna make a lot of ya'all happy and take an O Lineman. If they do, they damn well better do their homework and get somebody who won't be a bust.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Yeah, like that Bakhtieri guy! He was terrible!

KYPack

Safety doesn't seem as critical anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yeah, like that Bakhtieri guy! He was terrible!
    No, I was thinking of Sherrod and Mandarich and probably a few other high drafted O Linemen that were big nothings.

All I will say about Bakhtiari is that I'm more concerned about losing Runyan than him. It seems, though, that the Giants overpaid for Runyan.

Yes, Safety is not as critical. Pairing McKinney with Ford and/or Owens and/or Johnson should be more than adequate. I think they draft a Safety maybe 3rd or 4th, though.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    The problem is if other teams see this too, who's going to trade up?
    GMs are like fans. They fall in love with players too. Many of them just aren't that smart.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    No, I was thinking of Sherrod and Mandarich and probably a few other high drafted O Linemen that were big nothings.

All I will say about Bakhtiari is that I'm more concerned about losing Runyan than him. It seems, though, that the Giants overpaid for Runyan.

Yes, Safety is not as critical. Pairing McKinney with Ford and/or Owens and/or Johnson should be more than adequate. I think they draft a Safety maybe 3rd or 4th, though.
    Sherrod got a bad rap. He really had a horrible injury before he had a chance to prove himself.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    GMs are like fans. They fall in love with players too. Many of them just aren't that smart.
    This is true. I'm not saying they can't trade down, but they need someone that wants to trade up badly enough to offer sufficient value. It's not always the case.

Safety doesn't seem as critical anymore.
    still need a second starter

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    still need a second starter
    I hope they sign Rudy Ford. I actually thought he played better than Owens before he got hurt. And they'll be drafting at least one.

Cooper DeJean - plug and play slot cb / safety - incredible ball skills and intangibles
    Troy Fautanu - instant plus starter at guard, but able to play tackle as well
    Ruke Orhorhoro - raw but exciting DT that is still learning the game - sky is the ceiling type of athlete

in that order of preference.

This is true. I'm not saying they can't trade down, but they need someone that wants to trade up badly enough to offer sufficient value. It's not always the case.
    Agree, which was why I added "if someone gives us value". It takes 2 to tango. If they stay right where they are, they should have a chance to get a really good player....although I am starting to think Mims goes top 15 after watching him move. Guy is just a physical monster.