Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 2024

Bracketology 2024

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ld-predictions

Joe Lunardi at ESPN has 6 Big 10 teams in the tournament:

Purdue (1 seed), Wisconsin (6 seed), Illinois (4 seed), Nebraska (9 seed), Northwestern (8 seed), Michigan St. (8 seed). Iowa is barely out.

Marquette is a 3 seed.

The #1 seeds are Purdue, Tennessee, UConn and Houston.

#2 seeds are Iowa St, Arizona, North Carolina and Duke.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Pretty excited to see Milan Momcilovic the hometown kid in the tourny. That boy can really shoot and may be going to the NBA next year.

Blog Entries
    And for some reason Greg Gard really never pursued him
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    And for some reason Greg Gard really never pursued him
    The scuttlebutt around Pewaukee is none of the kids want to play their because they want to play in the NBA. Whether that's true or just sour grapes I have no idea.

Wisconsin and Michigan St. both win. That assures Michigan St. is in. Wisconsin is already in. Marquette beating Villanova could knock Villanova out. Villanova was considered just out. Marquette will probably be a 2 or 3 seed in the tournament.

Looks like Big Ten will get 5 in the NCAA. Purdue, Illinois, Michigan St, Nebraska and Wisconsin. Not a banner year for the conference. Wisconsin actually looking pretty good right now. Getting some bench production they weren't getting earlier.

I'd be surprised if Indiana doesn't get in, as they finished strong (until tonight) and have 19 wins. And Ohio State has 20 wins. They should make too. Iowa also has 19 wins and would be close too.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Looks like Big Ten will get 5 in the NCAA. Purdue, Illinois, Michigan St, Nebraska and Wisconsin. Not a banner year for the conference. Wisconsin actually looking pretty good right now. Getting some bench production they weren't getting earlier.
    Actually 6. Forgot about Northwestern. Iowa, Ohio St. and Indiana all needed to do better in the Big 10 Tournament to get in.

hahahaha Northwestern is easy to forget. I did too. They're worse than a LOT of the teams with worse records. Collins, their coach, is a clone of Izzo - foul a hundred times, get call for twenty or so, and have the officials call them closer on the opponent to keep the numbers close. Fortunately, the Badgers beat them anyway, similar to how they overcame horrible officiating in favor of Purdue.

I'm expecting 7, maybe even 8 or 9 Big Ten teams will get in - I guess we'll know tomorrow afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahaha Northwestern is easy to forget. I did too. They're worse than a LOT of the teams with worse records. Collins, their coach, is a clone of Izzo - foul a hundred times, get call for twenty or so, and have the officials call them closer on the opponent to keep the numbers close. Fortunately, the Badgers beat them anyway, similar to how they overcame horrible officiating in favor of Purdue.

I'm expecting 7, maybe even 8 or 9 Big Ten teams will get in - I guess we'll know tomorrow afternoon.
    You will be disappointed. Big Ten just isn't that good this year. And some upsets, like N.C. State, who would not have been in, winning the ACC tournament will make it harder to get another Big Ten team in.

The whole country isn't that good this year, which makes it a good year for a team like the Badgers to run the table. A lot of the teams ranked so high earlier dropped a lot Kansas, Gonzaga, etc. Duke and Kentucky both went out early in their conference tournaments, etc. It's been a weird year. The presumed #1 overall lost by 28 points yesterday. Yes, I will be very disappointed - make that pissed off - if at least 7 Big Ten teams don't get in.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Looks like 6 teams made it.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Looks like 6 teams made it.
    As expected. Iowa, Ohio State and Indiana had an outside chance if they made a run in Big 10 tournament. But none made it past the quarterfinals.

I did my brackets for this year, both the ESPN one and the one in Facebook. Naturally I picked the Badgers to win it all. If that happens, I should win $25k on the one and $30k on the other.

I'm also predicting the sun to go dark for a while on the day the Badgers win it.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We ain’t got shit to talk about after last week’s fun so putting this here.

I just want to see Long Beach get to the 16 with their dead man walking coach!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I did my brackets for this year, both the ESPN one and the one in Facebook. Naturally I picked the Badgers to win it all. If that happens, I should win $25k on the one and $30k on the other.

I'm also predicting the sun to go dark for a while on the day the Badgers win it.
    Wisconsin is too white to win it all. We all know hoops is all about the Blacks.

That being said, I, for one, am putting my hard-earned frogskins on Nebraska. Wanna see their Japanese point guard make noises just to piss off the Blacks. Recall how the Blacks were all pissed and shit during the height of “Linsanity?”
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Not expecting too much from the Big Ten. Michigan St. looking pretty good so far though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Not expecting too much from the Big Ten. Michigan St. looking pretty good so far though.
    I'm just glad Michigan fired Juwan Howard. I didn't like the culture he had there - the players running the whole show, getting nasty with the long-time trainer there, none of the kids even pretending to play defense. What a shit show.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm just glad Michigan fired Juwan Howard. I didn't like the culture he had there - the players running the whole show, getting nasty with the long-time trainer there, none of the kids even pretending to play defense. What a shit show.
    This is exactly why I am disappointed they didn't keep him around longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Wisconsin is too white to win it all. We all know hoops is all about the Blacks.

That being said, I, for one, am putting my hard-earned frogskins on Nebraska. Wanna see their Japanese point guard make noises just to piss off the Blacks. Recall how the Blacks were all pissed and shit during the height of “Linsanity?”
    I guess you haven't seen Wisconsin lately hahahaha.