Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Everybody's fault but Wisconsin's.

Spoken like a true fan(boy).
    Tex is the fan man.

Tank = Fan Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Everybody's fault but Wisconsin's.

Spoken like a true fan(boy).
    Just like I always say about the NFL - I'm not a pro football fan, I' strictly a Packer fan. I also don't give a damn and won't even watch God damned NCAA basketball now that the Badgers are out.

The SHIT goes back to the God damned thug Piston teams - Laimbeer, etc. (were you a fan, Fritz? I'm pretty sure that's where God damned Izzo got that bullshit style. It's downright disgusting that the God damned officials enable and reward it. and the God damned commentators praise it.

The controversy about firing Gard or not is heating up again. I'm about 50/50 on that, maybe 60/40 for keeping him. I really wish Gard would come out with a statement that a team playing not to foul is at a bad disadvantage to the thug teams, and that starting next season, the Badgers are gonna sink to that level of shit too. I'm really fed up with seeing crap teams get away with that shit against Wisconsin.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Duquesne got a visit and shoes from LaBron James, but their play won't help sell them. Illinois up by 21 with 7 minutes left in the first. And Illinois is usually a better second half team.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

When Illinois plays defense, they're really good. They can score against anybody.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Badgers lost out on a big time WI kid to Iowa State today; what a surprise
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Just like I always say about the NFL - I'm not a pro football fan, I' strictly a Packer fan. I also don't give a damn and won't even watch God damned NCAA basketball now that the Badgers are out.

The SHIT goes back to the God damned thug Piston teams - Laimbeer, etc. (were you a fan, Fritz? I'm pretty sure that's where God damned Izzo got that bullshit style. It's downright disgusting that the God damned officials enable and reward it. and the God damned commentators praise it.

The controversy about firing Gard or not is heating up again. I'm about 50/50 on that, maybe 60/40 for keeping him. I really wish Gard would come out with a statement that a team playing not to foul is at a bad disadvantage to the thug teams, and that starting next season, the Badgers are gonna sink to that level of shit too. I'm really fed up with seeing crap teams get away with that shit against Wisconsin.
    Is there a sport that you understand that you CAN follow? You think Wisconsin played not to foul and JM hacked them out of the game? That ain't close to what happened. The Badgers were out-run and out worked by a hustling team that came ready to play and win.

1. Turnovers WI 19 JM 12. In the early going WI had 9 turnovers to JM's none
    2. Steals WI 6 JM 14 But I supposed Madison fouled every they stole the ball, eh?
    3. Fouls? James Madison had 1 more 20 - 19
    4. Rebounds, JM by one 37 to 36

UW got beat in all categories and took an 11 point loss on the chin. This was an ass whipping, no excuses accepted.

I agree with one of your statements. You are not a pro-football fan.

Out-worked and out-hustled are code words for foul foul foul foul, ad infinitum, and hell yeah, the other team DID "hack them out of the game". Did you watch the game? They in fact DID foul on just about all of those steals and a helluva lot of other times on shots, rebounds, and unsuccessful attempts at steals. That sort of things happens a lot to a team like Wisconsin that basically avoids fouling. Yeah, the Badgers did play a bad game, as many times this season and other seasons, they have been able to overcome the shit and win anyway. Back in the day, the God damned thug Piston teams got away with that, and shithead commentators justified it by saying "it was their style". As I said, I wouldn't mind at all if Wisconsin (either with Gard or with somebody else coaching) stated publicly that they were gonna play that kind of game from now on. As Vince said, "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing". If the God damned officials are gonna allow that shit, then adjust and do it too.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Is there a sport that you understand that you CAN follow? You think Wisconsin played not to foul and JM hacked them out of the game? That ain't close to what happened. The Badgers were out-run and out worked by a hustling team that came ready to play and win.

1. Turnovers WI 19 JM 12. In the early going WI had 9 turnovers to JM's none
    2. Steals WI 6 JM 14 But I supposed Madison fouled every they stole the ball, eh?
    3. Fouls? James Madison had 1 more 20 - 19
    4. Rebounds, JM by one 37 to 36

UW got beat in all categories and took an 11 point loss on the chin. This was an ass whipping, no excuses accepted.

I agree with one of your statements. You are not a pro-football fan.

Frist off, Tex tends to always thing the Badger and Bucks get screwed by the refs; I acknowlege that completely

Secondly, Wisconsin was clearly not ready to play. THey were outcoached, outworked, and James Madison seemed more talented and aggressive.

As you know I do bleed red and white and I'm not a Greg Gard Fan....as I say.....Greg Gard...great guy....always good, NEVEr great, and I want to be great.

With all that being said, the officials set the tone for this game by letting James Madison foul over and over and over without calling fouls. They were ultra bumpy off our dribbles, ultra bumpy when we picked up the dribble, and when we were posting they were pushing and shoving. Again, I get the tone the refs set, which was to pretty much let them play and ignore all of this.

And WI didn't lose due the refs. But with that being said, it was an absolute joke that James Madison didn't have double the fouls they did. We played soft, and passive defense and there was no foul discrepancy at all. It was a shitty job by the officials.

ONCE AGAIN, NOT BLAMING the loss on the refs. The Badgers were not ready in the first half and they couldn't take the jabs James Madison kept throwing. That's on the coaching and players.

But if I was Greg Gard I'd have completely lost my shit and Bo Ryan would have reacted very differently that Grego did

And YES, I know, I'm a horribly Bad Sport, and my wife constantly tells me that. But I turn that shit around and let her know, I'm an incredibly gracious winner )) I'm the best sport in the universe after a win !
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    With MARQUETTE's win today, Shaka Smart has led Marquette to the same amount of NCAA tournament wins in the last two days that Greg Gard has acculated in the past 7 years.

Purdue now with a 12 point lead. Edey opens up so much for the other guys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Purdue now with a 12 point lead. Edey opens up so much for the other guys.
    Yes, he does. And they have another big coming next year as he leaves. Mindblowing how that went down. Kid grew up in Mt Horeb. Badgers thought they had him locked down. WI State Journal does a big story on him and how WI has the lead as it used to be his dream to be a Badger. And the day after the story was published, he commits to the dam Purdies

Badgers have everybody but Wahl coming back. But will they be better?

James Madison came out playing very physical against Wisconsin. The refs allowed it. It took Wisconsin half the game to adjust to it. Once they did, they were able to score. They scored 41 points in the second half.

Blog Entries
    Badgers have everybody but Wahl coming back. But will they be better?
    Theoretically they should be. They are getting in a pretty highly touted Point Guard in Daniel Frietag and they have good connections with a portal transfer or two that they may or may not get.

With that being said, while GG is better than Paul C, I think it's a similar situation. If you are looking for greatness, a chance at UW is inevitable.

I wonder if they could throw a lot of $$$$ at the Iowa State coach and poach him. He's the real deal and outrecruites UW badly for the Wisconsin kids anways. He's our Fickmeister

Blog Entries
    James Madison came out playing very physical against Wisconsin. The refs allowed it. It took Wisconsin half the game to adjust to it. Once they did, they were able to score. They scored 41 points in the second half.

When I was coaching, I would often sarcastically point out to referees that pressure defense is really effective if you let the players bump up all the way up the court off the ball, and in the post.
    They let that happen Thursday. I made a few enemies with the stripes when I was coaching

Why didn't they use a timeout to make these adjustments in the first half?
    Why did they not make a better effort to feed Crowl in the post and allow him to pass out to take advantage of the aggressive double team?
    Why did they always drive into double teams instead of pulling up passing out?
    Ultimately, tha players needed to execute, but I doubt they were all ignoring coaching.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    One last thing to pile on Gard.

I think we were down 12 with 6 minutes left. That means we have to score 4-6 more baskets than JM to tie the game. We came out of the TV time out and ran the same slow offense. Same screen at the top of the key with a handoff. Waited 15 seconds and then try to go at the hoop.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Just turned on JMU/Duke. Duke up 24-9. They must have learned some things from watching the game Friday night. Duke with 6 3-pointers.

Blog Entries
    Just turned on JMU/Duke. Duke up 24-9. They must have learned some things from watching the game Friday night. Duke with 6 3-pointers.

ya, we needed some 3 pointers; could have used Connor but he's in the GG shithouse

P.S. Storr plays no defense either, but he plays plenty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    One last thing to pile on Gard.

I think we were down 12 with 6 minutes left. That means we have to score 4-6 more baskets than JM to tie the game. We came out of the TV time out and ran the same slow offense. Same screen at the top of the key with a handoff. Waited 15 seconds and then try to go at the hoop.

IF you want to PILE on, consider this.

The Transfer portal has saved GG's ass. He doesn't recruit well at all. But each year we have plenty of opendings..aka...opportunites for the incomers. 2 starters and 2 of our best starters from the transfer portal. Take those guys away.....YIKES