Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bakhtiari Being Released

Blog Entries
    Wilde and Tausch had Backman in for a detailed interview Friday. It was a great listen if you wanted to go hear him. He holds no ill will toward GB at all. I listed to the whole thing.

Then he said the KEY WORDS......which most would not pick up unless you have had the bad shit happen to know what it means.

He mentioned in the interview "8 WEEKS OF NON WEIGHT BEARING". In regards to torn ALC, the predominant reason somebody would have to go through that....is when you have a severe infection that compromises the knee parts and has spread into the knee. I'm no doctor, but it happened to me. What occurs, if it spread into the knee, is your knee parts have to get removed, and then you have to to though 8 weeks of non weight bearting, and take anti biotics, and HOPE to heck the infection clears and does not spread. And then after 8 weeks, they put your knee parts back in and you start rehab all over.

Odds are that happened. Holy shit it's terrible
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Are you back on your feet and doing good Bretsky? I remember that from a couple years back. Scary stuff.

I'm gonna call it right now. David Tiberius Baktiari will make another pro bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post

He has certainly made enough money, and if he has to limp away from the game he's got that. I'd bet he'd trade a good chunk of that money for never having the injury though.
    Interesting perspective. Yeah, I'd bet Bak's the kind of man who (if he could go back in his life and change one thing) would gladly kick back millions, if not 10s of millions, for his career to have been mostly injury-free and give him another 2-3 years on the field.

How much money do you really need? How much can you spend in one lifetime? I'm sure he'd have left a big percentage of that on the table if it would have meant a couple more years doing what he loves so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Wilde and Tausch had Backman in for a detailed interview Friday. It was a great listen if you wanted to go hear him. He holds no ill will toward GB at all. I listed to the whole thing.

Then he said the KEY WORDS......which most would not pick up unless you have had the bad shit happen to know what it means.

He mentioned in the interview "8 WEEKS OF NON WEIGHT BEARING". In regards to torn ALC, the predominant reason somebody would have to go through that....is when you have a severe infection that compromises the knee parts and has spread into the knee. I'm no doctor, but it happened to me. What occurs, if it spread into the knee, is your knee parts have to get removed, and then you have to to though 8 weeks of non weight bearting, and take anti biotics, and HOPE to heck the infection clears and does not spread. And then after 8 weeks, they put your knee parts back in and you start rehab all over.

Wow. That's a huge insight. That's great detective work.

I wasn't aware of that little detail, but if you caught that, it might say a lot about what's happening and explain a lot about why not one single bit of information has come out other than the usual "GM-speak" like "he's progressing on his rehab and we're confident he's on the right path etc etc etc."

If the connection you're making is correct, that's a pretty serious matter. I had a staph infection in my left knee about 25 years ago, from a freaking sliver I got in my knee fooling around on playground equipment in a park when I was on a date. One of the stupidest injuries I ever had in my life; I mean, jesus, who does crap like that ever even happen to?

I got off easy, because they were able to stop the infection from getting inside the joint, but they explained a lot of things to me that would completely sync with what you're saying. I had a pic line for several weeks with antibiotics going into my chest 24/7 with a catheter through a vein in my arm, and while yeah it apparently could have been much worse, it was not a trivial matter. For one thing, any serious physical rehab that I might have been having to go through if I had also been recovering from knee surgery would have been very deeply impacted. I just couldn't have done it. Probably at all, but especially not at the level of a professional athlete trying to get ready to play again. Every single thing not related to the actual infection would have simply had to wait.

If that's what Bak's been dealing with, and the infection is inside the joint, he's had a steep hill to climb. I still have loss of feeling in some parts of my left knee because of the nerve damage from the infection; and if he had an infection that was inside the joint, I can't imagine how much damage there migt have been.

Sounds iike your situation was many times worse than mine. First off, I hope it all worked out, and that you're OK But if you actually had staph inside the joint, that's a hell of a situation. Best wishes to you... you didn't say much about the details, but it sounds like you had a pretty hard spell. Hope it's all behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I'm gonna call it right now. David Tiberius Baktiari will make another pro bowl.
    And I called he would never play another snap. For his sake I hope I'm right. I suspect he is done. I'm not sure why he would torture himself at this point.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Are you back on your feet and doing good Bretsky? I remember that from a couple years back. Scary stuff.
    I am doing well. I lived that 8 weeks no weight on one leg; and then the back goes too. I had a pic line in my chest at all times and one hour a day for 6 weeks I was getting IV's to flush out the infection. Thankfully it didn't spread anwhere but inside the knee (which was removed and that is why I had to do the 8 weeks of no weight cause I had no suppport there).

So 8 weeks after they removed my knee, they put the replacement parts back in. I was told I'd never get back to the 120 degree measurable mark of flexiblity my other knee had. Doc told me I'd get to around 105 degrees. After 11 weeks of rehab and bending this shit out of it, on my final day of rehab I bent my leg to 117 degrees and it hurt like hell. The physical therapist said that is great, and I looked at him (we are friends) and I said, give me a pain jolt and bend that f'ker to 120. And he did. Hurt iike heck, but I think it worked any kinks out.

Today I always know my knee is there; I feel sporadic pain. But it's about 95%, and thankfully infection free.

So when I heard "8 weeks non weight bearing" , I thought....OH SHIT that was really bad then
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Bretsky, can you please pull a hamstring so we can get better medical info on all these damn Packers who are pulling hammies?

Take one for the Packerrats team.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

He mentioned in the interview "8 WEEKS OF NON WEIGHT BEARING". In regards to torn ALC, the predominant reatake a couple tylenol son somebody would have to go through that....is when you have a severe infection that compromises the knee parts and has spread into the knee. I'm no doctor, but it happened to me. What occurs, if it spread into the knee, is your knee parts have to get removed, and then you have to to though 8 weeks of non weight bearting, and take anti biotics, and HOPE to heck the infection clears and does not spread. And then after 8 weeks, they put your knee parts back in and you start rehab all over.

take a couple asprin and get back to work. bunch of pussies