Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
I would think at this point in his career he would want to go to a team with a better chance of making the playoffs. Vikings right now have as big a question mark at QB as any team in football.
I think they not only have a question mark regarding the position itself, but an even bigger cultural question mark about their ability to even figure out how to solve the first question mark. Unless their master plan revolves around waiting until 2025 and signing Rodgers when he's used up the Jets, and then waiting another 15 years until it's Jordan's turn.

Fran Tarkenton was their highwater mark for franchise quarterbacks. Culpepper stirred up some excitement for a minute or two, until the rest of the league figured out he was as dumb as a rusty horseshoe, but in the half century since Tark, Cousins was really as close as they've come. And now they're right back to Square One.

They had a shitty enough year to get the #11 pick, but in a year that's only about 3-4 QBs deep (at best) in terms of likely 1st year quality starters. There are another 3-4 who may have a realistic chance to be developed into a franchise quarterback, but not quickly enough to mean anything significant to Jones (and even then, only with a decent coaching staff, and we poached Sean Mannion from them. It sounds like they really did assume that when he retired, he'd become their Tom Clements).

Unless they trade up, I don't know if they have any option. If the Bears cut Fields, they'd be fools not to snatch 'im up, but the Bears will never do anything that smart. They have 9 picks, and in a draft where the 1st round is bursting with OL, they could maybe move up a few spots with a team who needs a lineman (which they do not) and steal a QB. Otherwise, it's probaby Darnell or Garrapolo, and if I'm Aaron Jones, at that point I say "screw it, I'll go with Green Bay for whatever, and get my ring".