Thread: Aaron Jones Being Released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Calm down, people. There's still a 50/50 chance Jones will re-sign with the Packers, and we will have two great RBs.

The Cowboys lost Pollard who is very similar to Jones, so I could see how they would want him, especially with McCarthy. Considering Jones' age and injury history, though, there's a significant chance the Cowboys and everybody else will try to lowball him. If that happens, I could certainly see him coming back to the Packers. I highly doubt this was a hostility thing. Gutekunst probably told him to test the market and come back if he couldn't get what he hopes for.

I was hoping to have us draft a RB to rotate with Jones - now Jacobs, but having both would probably be best.

And for ya'all cap panickers, hell yeah, all things are possible.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I was hoping to have us draft a RB to rotate with Jones - now Jacobs, but having both would probably be best.
    I'd still draft an RB, probably Day Three. If we were to sign Jones, that'd be the end of AJ, and our only other back would be Wilson - who Gute claims to love, and says he has a great future, etc, but I'm not convinced. I'd be uncomfortable knowing he was all we had on the shelf.