Thread: Aaron Jones Being Released

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    thats an interesting "leak" that the team put out about an injury that the vikings saw no problem with

almost seemed like the packers saw that the fans weren't too happy about the release, and decided to put this little nugget into the ears of the reporters that are basically on the team payroll
    I was just going to say the exact same thing. I've found it very interesting how much inside information about the Jones contract negotiations somehow found its way out into the media the minute the fan base starting howling about it.

We didn't hear Word One about Bakhtiari, or any other contract discussions, and we never do - every year, that information is shut down tighter than a drum. Not so much as a peep, yet with Jones, we may as well have all been listening in on every phone call, because suddenly we know how the whole thing went.

Edit: my wife's in bed, I'm bored, I spent about 40 minutes watching most of the 4th quarter of the Niners game (and now, I'm googling local therapists to call tomorrow and help me get through the trauma.) But Jones' last carry was a short run up the middle with about 6 1/2 minutes to go, and I didn't see anything remarkable there. But his second to last run was that 53-yarder with 9:37 left in the 4th; if this story is true, that must be where it happened. I didn't see anything noteworthy there, either, except that he started to get gassed around the 35-yard line and steadily slowed down a little bit from that point on, I didn't see any point where he suddenly seemed to feel something. Slowed it down several times, and honestly, everything I saw just looked like a guy getting a little weary in the 4th quarter of a 100 yard+ game.

The last 5-7 yards, he was spinning and leaping laterally trying to break through and pile up a few more, couple of sudden starts and stops, quick bursts, so there were a lot of points there where he could have easily tweaked something, but again - he didn't favor it. When he got off the ground, he was jumping and hopping up and down, dancing, and he seemed pretty OK there. Then Wilson came in and spelled him for a few snaps before his final carry.

At the end of the possession, there wasn't anything special on the sideline. I saw a lot of shots with Jones standing around talking to players, but I didn't see him talking to any of the staff, nobody was checking out the leg, and he sure didn't go into the tent. Everything semed normal. The only attention I saw him get from the staff was when a trainer was hydrating him and wiping the water off his face with a towel.

He was on the field for the final possession, but with Green Bay trailing with a minute and a half left, it was all passing plays. Except for two plays where he ran short outside routes as a dump-off option, he was just hanging back waiting for the blitz. He never really ran anywhere near full speed; just trotted around. But the point is, he was oin the field, not in the tent or the locker room.

He just didn't look to me like a guy who'd suffered a hamstring injury that would make him questionable the following week; that first time he popped that hammy in the regular serason, he knew right away, and he was done fpr the day. The fact that Green Bay left him in the game after that run doesn't seem consistent with aggravating the hamstring enough that he'd be doubtful for the next week.

So I dunno... could be true, could be bullshit. I didn't see anything really convincing. Jones has been a good soldier so far; hasn't talked at all about what happened. But if this is a lie, it may be enough to motivate him into calling bullshit on it.
    Last edited by Frozen Tundra; 03-22-2024 at 02:40 AM.