19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron

5 26.32%
  • Josh

14 73.68%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Would you rather have Aaron Jones or Josh Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    We all probably have these fantasy narratives in our heads. Mine was that they'd restructure Jones, he'd take a bit of a pay cut, and they'd draft a couple of promising understudies in April. Then Aaron Yoda Jones teaches the younguns how to play football like a professional, and how to act like a professional. Meanwhile, Jones stays surprisingly healthy, and with The Flower parsing his carries carefully, he has a great year and carries the team to a surprising SB win next year while the youngsters show great promise.

Then, just before the SB, Drew Barrymore calls me up, because Mad contacted her and told her about my crush, and she asks me if I want to fly out to Cali to watch the SB with her. We have wild sex before the game, watch the Packers win the SB, which inspires Drew to say to me "Do whatever you want?" and -

Okay, I'll stop there.

I just hope Jacobs is damn good.
    Your version of fantasy football is so much better than mine.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Would rather have both. RBs are cheap. Nice insurance too if one goes down

Blog Entries
    The fact that Madtown posted that Josh Jacobs is a dedicated football player that lives and breathes the sport of football brings some peace to my mind. I thought he had a fallout there and was an asshole.

Mad would have the insider info there and I liked reading that
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    The fact that Madtown posted that Josh Jacobs is a dedicated football player that lives and breathes the sport of football brings some peace to my mind. I thought he had a fallout there and was an asshole.

Josh Jacobs is a good dude, good player. Davante was pretty devastated he left. Jones plus Jacobs would have been very special.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    Josh Jacobs is a good dude, good player. Davante was pretty devastated he left. Jones plus Jacobs would have been very special.

Releasing Aaron Jones, I think only saved 5MIL off of our cap. We eat dead money on his deal. For 5MIL, I'd have rather just spun this situation way differently, and kept him. What a DUO
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Voted Jacobs because I assume the question refers to an entire 2024 season, and Aaron Jones will probably play 12 games. Hoping for 20 from Jacobs.

Because I am not an actual GM - just a sentimental fool - I vote for Aaron Jones. For half a second I thought they were going to have them both; as Bretsky said, that would've been a wet dream come true. You could still draft a running back or two, and let them watch and learn. Maybe ask Love if he'd take five million less that first year so he could have a Jag (very cool but breaks down often) AND a Ram truck in his backfield next year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Because I am not an actual GM - just a sentimental fool - I vote for Aaron Jones. For half a second I thought they were going to have them both; as Bretsky said, that would've been a wet dream come true. You could still draft a running back or two, and let them watch and learn. Maybe ask Love if he'd take five million less that first year so he could have a Jag (very cool but breaks down often) AND a Ram truck in his backfield next year.
    i'd have liked to keep jones, and had the best rb tandem in the nfl

it sucks that we cut him because he had a 17 million dollar cap him, but is still gonna count 12.3 against while not being on the team. and that doesn't count the salary

even if he had taken the pay cut to 4 million dollars, he would have counted 16.3. did we really cut him to save less then a million bucks in cap space?

we saved 4.7 million, thats it. dillion will count 1.3, and somehow nixon is 6+ million a year

should have just kept him, and rewarded a guy who wanted to be here and actually took a pay cut last year
    Last edited by red; 03-25-2024 at 07:05 PM.

Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood

Suffice to say, Raiders coach Antonio Pierce was not pleased to lose Josh Jacobs: “Don’t like to see it. I made it known, the heartbeat, a Raider through and through. As we all know, it’s a business. You hear that a lot, but it’s true. Money talks, BS walks... But that one hurt.”
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

Damn, confusing me with Bobble is messed up! He doesn’t even have a tan!! He lives in Vegas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i'd have liked to keep jones, and had the best rb tandem in the nfl

it sucks that we cut him because he had a 17 million dollar cap him, but is still gonna count 12.3 against while not being on the team. and that doesn't count the salary

even if he had taken the pay cut to 4 million dollars, he would have counted 16.3. did we really cut him to save less then a million bucks in cap space?

we saved 4.7 million, thats it. dillion will count 1.3, and somehow nixon is 6+ million a year

should have just kept him, and rewarded a guy who wanted to be here and actually took a pay cut last year
    If the fact he went straight to purple for the same amount doesn’t tell you how it went down then you are not only a hick but a stupid one at that. He wanted more, Pack said he wasn’t worth it, he took what Pack said he was worth anyways with a divisional rival. You can look through my post for years and see I was never a huge Jones guy. That’s because of consistency and like it or not it has hurt this team when trying to go on deep runs. He was great but always had worries he would blow a gasket while almost to the top of the mountain. If Jacobs can provide that we can see this young talented squad get to the top.

Look at the company you are keeping voting Jones:
    Bretsky, homer
    call_me_ishmael, clown show
    Fritz, stalker
    NewsBruin, must have been drunk

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Damn, confusing me with Bobble is messed up! He doesn’t even have a tan!! He lives in Vegas.
    Come on...we are practically twins and you know it.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

If the fact he went straight to purple for the same amount doesn’t tell you how it went down then you are not only a hick but a stupid one at that. He wanted more, Pack said he wasn’t worth it, he took what Pack said he was worth anyways with a divisional rival. You can look through my post for years and see I was never a huge Jones guy. That’s because of consistency and like it or not it has hurt this team when trying to go on deep runs. He was great but always had worries he would blow a gasket while almost to the top of the mountain. If Jacobs can provide that we can see this young talented squad get to the top.

Bretsky, homer
    Fritz, stalker
    Let's be honest with ourselves, though. The people voting for Jacobs are no saints. There's a low bar, actually there's no bar, to post at Packer Rats.

Bretsky, homer
    Fritz, stalker
    That's the fucking who's who of Packerrats.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Come on...we are practically twins and you know it.
    If the scouting reports of your slow or lack of hair growth are correct maybe….

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Let's be honest with ourselves, though. The people voting for Jacobs are no saints. There's a low bar, actually there's no bar, to post at Packer Rats.
    Oh there is a bar!! Very low and it usually goes like this…