19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron

5 26.32%
  • Josh

14 73.68%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you rather have Aaron Jones or Josh Jones

Would you rather have Aaron Jones or Josh Jones

Man, I just think the Packers got worse at RB AND pissed off one of the greats. This dude is not only a great player but a great leader. I'm sure it will all work out but that doesn't sound great.

I voted Jones. I know it’s a sentimental choice and he’s been hurt a lot, but what a great back and even better human. I was hoping they’d bring him back for one more year so he could retire a Packer - cuz I think it might be his last year.

Plus I don’t know Jacobs from Adam. Maybe he’ll be really good someone on the internet compared him to Eddie Lacey in his prime.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I assume the choice is between Aaron Jones and Josh Jacobs?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I personally prefer a BJ over a AJ any day.

This poll is almost like picking between AntiPolarBear/Tank or CallM/
    e/Partial. Very close to call.

I went with Josh. Almost 4 years younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Same. Not as elusive but a pretty nice skillset.

Let's see the stat line at the end of next season; my money says Jacobs >> Jones.

Without a solid backup, Jones isn't sufficient. Even when healthy, they limit his touches.

For 2024, Jones. For the three years after that, Jacobs.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    For 2024, Jones. For the three years after that, Jacobs.
    What about CMI and APB?

Josh Jones the former safety drafted by GB, or Josh Jones the OL?

Aaron Jones is better than either of those two.

We'll find out if Aaron Jones is better than Josh Jacobs soon enough.

Man you guys are heartless. Give me AJO all day. Better player, better human.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Man you guys are heartless. Give me AJO all day. Better player, better human.
    How do you know he's a better human? What do you know about Jacobs? And 2 years ago, Jacobs was the best running back in the NFL. But I guess I'm heartless for pointing that out.

Blog Entries

on paper he's younger. In terms of touches, they are about the same
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    FIRST OFF, GUTEBAG completely JORDYNELON'D Aaron Jones this year. He wanted him to take a salary cut slightly over 50% of last year, "after" Aaron Jones helped out GB last year by taking a pay cut.

So let's not criticize anybody for holdouts; this was kinda cold.

Tom Pelissori reported this recently after chatting with Jones Agent. Noted it was a real possibility that GB was going to try to make Jones take a significant paycut. Also, Jones, we amicable about taking a restructure; had Gutebag offered a cutback to about 8MIL instead of the 6 MIL range he'd be a Packer.

So instead, we fabricate a 4 year 48 Million dollar contract for Josh Jacobs, who might be a better player and is younger in age but not touches.

But Year 2 of that deal, is for 14.8 Million. Play that back. This is basically a one year deal and then GB goes back to Josh Jacobs year after year to restructure. If that was the direction, we already had a stud RB willing to do that.

And Jones, after we waive him, we only get 5MIL of cap relief. GUTEBAG has veins of ICE.

After the end of season interview, UTEBAG was stupid enough to declare Aaron Jones was the heart and sole of the GB Packers and he would definitely be back with the Packers next season

HE FLIPPED; went cold, and sign a fairly comprable RB in talent, to basically a one year deal. .

Restructure Jones to a 2 year Deal, give him his 8 MIL this year, draft a RB in rounds 1-3, and call it day.

AND, use those Josh Jacobs funds for another safety or LB.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

How do you know he's a better human? What do you know about Jacobs? And 2 years ago, Jacobs was the best running back in the NFL. But I guess I'm heartless for pointing that out.
    I disagree he was the best back in the NFL. He may have had the most yards or best stats, but that doesn't mean he was the most talented and when you really need to make a play he can do it better than others.

AJO is a special player and the heart and soul of the team last year. I would guess the offense regresses significantly next year unfortunately. We shall see!

Lighten up on the heartless part

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    FIRST OFF, GUTEBAG completely JORDYNELON'D Aaron Jones this year. He wanted him to take a salary cut slightly over 50% of last year, "after" Aaron Jones helped out GB last year by taking a pay cut.

So let's not criticize anybody for holdouts; this was kinda cold.

Tom Pelissori reported this recently after chatting with Jones Agent. Noted it was a real possibility that GB was going to try to make Jones take a significant paycut. Also, Jones, we amicable about taking a restructure; had Gutebag offered a cutback to about 8MIL instead of the 6 MIL range he'd be a Packer.

So instead, we fabricate a 4 year 48 Million dollar contract for Josh Jacobs, who might be a better player and is younger in age but not touches.

But Year 2 of that deal, is for 14.8 Million. Play that back. This is basically a one year deal and then GB goes back to Josh Jacobs year after year to restructure. If that was the direction, we already had a stud RB willing to do that.

And Jones, after we waive him, we only get 5MIL of cap relief. GUTEBAG has veins of ICE.

After the end of season interview, UTEBAG was stupid enough to declare Aaron Jones was the heart and sole of the GB Packers and he would definitely be back with the Packers next season

HE FLIPPED; went cold, and sign a fairly comprable RB in talent, to basically a one year deal. .

Restructure Jones to a 2 year Deal, give him his 8 MIL this year, draft a RB in rounds 1-3, and call it day.

AND, use those Josh Jacobs funds for another safety or LB.
    This is the obvious path IMO. We shall see what happens but on paper I really looks like he messed this one up to me.

I think that in the longterm interest of the team, Jacobs is the smarter choice. As for which of the two I'd rather see playing in Green Bay next year, I'm leaning toward Jones.

A lot of people are parroting the line that "they're basically the same back, Jacobs is just a younger version." They're not the same back. I've watched a lot of Jacobs tape the last 24 hours, and it's alarming how many times I see him tackled from behind in the open field or angled out of bounds. I'm not used to seeing that when watching Jones; Jacobs is a good back with a lot of top-end tools, but he does not have that second gear that Jones has. He's got an excellent burst through the hole (probably similar to Jones), but once he's in the secondary he just doesn't have that breakaway speed that made Jones so explosive. So many 15-yard or 20-yard runs that look good until you realize Jones would have busted them open for 30 or 40.

I think a lot of Packer fans have become so spoiled by Jones that we don't fully appreciate how special he was. Statistically better than Ahman Green in almost every significant category, but he made it look so easy I think a lot of us came to take it for granted.

But given a choice between making a move a year too early or a year too late, this was the better option. Gute has decided that our Lombardi window starts in 24, rather than 25, and is not willing to risk wasting a year by relying on Jones to stay healthy a full season at age 30. Porbably the smart move, one that will pay even bigger dividends in 25 and 26, but right now it hurts.

But is it a year too late with Jacobs?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Heart says Jones and head says Jacobs. Voted Jacobs and drank a few beers to wash the foul taste out.
    60% of the time it works every time.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Jones runs like he is 230 and indestructible. He takes vicious hits and I am surprised that he had stayed productive to the age of 30. The Packers paid him well. The tires are worn thin, and he will still have some great stretches for the Vikings, but he isn't going to be an impact runner for an entire season. If he plays 17 games next year I will be really surprised.