Thread: WIAA BOYS STATE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT

Blog Entries

WIAA BOYS STATE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT

Do we have any basketball junkies out there ?

Anybody headed to the Kohl Center Thursday, Friday, or Saturday ?

My son is a sophomore and plays against Kiel in Division 3 Thursday at 3:15 PM....hoping for a win to head to Saturday !
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Bretsky at what age did your son start taking it seriously and practicing, etc? You guys seem pretty into the scene from your FB. My 8 year old cannot even hit the rim to save his life. I gotta figure out how to get this dude playing and caring about it. The weirdest part is my wife is actually a pretty good athlete, but I am definitely not.

We live in Pewaukee so the town is all abuzz about the team again. I kinda hope we lose our mojo so normal kids have a shot at playing on the team. I'd rather our kids get to participate and they stink then nobody getting o participate unless they're super hardcore about it. I am so jaded on youth sports as we've covered in the past.

Good luck to your son. that is super exciting?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Bretsky at what age did your son start taking it seriously and practicing, etc? You guys seem pretty into the scene from your FB. My 8 year old cannot even hit the rim to save his life. I gotta figure out how to get this dude playing and caring about it. The weirdest part is my wife is actually a pretty good athlete, but I am definitely not.

We live in Pewaukee so the town is all abuzz about the team again. I kinda hope we lose our mojo so normal kids have a shot at playing on the team. I'd rather our kids get to participate and they stink then nobody getting o participate unless they're super hardcore about it. I am so jaded on youth sports as we've covered in the past.

My son kinda like hoops growing up; but in terms of taking it seriously, I would say it was about Grade 3 when he started playing in every opportunity we could find. We saw plenty of tournamens at the Center Court Complex in Waukesah. By grade 4 he was travelling and playing summmer call in the AAU format as well. By grade 5/6 he was going to places like Minneapolis/Indy/Chicao/Iowa for tournaments. It's a crazy AAU circuit out there. Tonight he has his HS practice, and after he summer AAU team has their first pracice
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    My son kinda like hoops growing up; but in terms of taking it seriously, I would say it was about Grade 3 when he started playing in every opportunity we could find. We saw plenty of tournamens at the Center Court Complex in Waukesah. By grade 4 he was travelling and playing summmer call in the AAU format as well. By grade 5/6 he was going to places like Minneapolis/Indy/Chicao/Iowa for tournaments. It's a crazy AAU circuit out there. Tonight he has his HS practice, and after he summer AAU team has their first pracice
    Which he can’t go to by WIAA rules because he is still in season.

Found that out regarding hs baseball and my son’s teams.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Which he can’t go to by WIAA rules because he is still in season.

Found that out regarding hs baseball and my son’s teams.

I was actually going to go to watch the practice with him, but he passed so he can relax his body tonight before the big day

Blog Entries

I'll add one thing as well; the BB curcuit has got out of control. You are probably familiar with the Duke traitor recruit. His younger brother, repeated 8th grade. And it sounds like the next one is too. No other reason, than basketball from all I hear. Crazy stuff

Blog Entries
    ONE MORE GAME

Good luck Bretsky!! Gosh, I remember when you had Brady like it was yesterday. Is he a senior now?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They say greatness skips a generation. With that in mind Bretsky’s kid has a great shot at going all the way!! Wish you and the familia the best man.

Blog Entries
    Good luck Bretsky!! Gosh, I remember when you had Brady like it was yesterday. Is he a senior now?

No, he's a sophomore in high school currently.