Thread: Josh Jacobs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Meh. NFL says hip drop tackle was used 230 times last year. That's just over 7 times per team. So over a 17 game season the average team would use it 0.4 times per game. It will require an adjustment by some players, but it's probably not as big a deal as some are making it out to be.
    yeah, thats what they say, but the refs are now gonna call 5 times that many because its hard to tell between a hip drop and a regular tackle, and the league is gonna tell the refs to call the shit out of that

theres a pattern. took away low hits, took away high hits, now taking away mid hits

a 190 pound cb isn't gonna have a chance to take down a 230 pound RB now that they can't "hit them", or wrap them up and drop their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yeah, thats what they say, but the refs are now gonna call 5 times that many because its hard to tell between a hip drop and a regular tackle, and the league is gonna tell the refs to call the shit out of that

theres a pattern. took away low hits, took away high hits, now taking away mid hits

a 190 pound cb isn't gonna have a chance to take down a 230 pound RB now that they can't "hit them", or wrap them up and drop their weight.
    I agree with Red here, insofar as to establish the rule the refs will overcall it for the first two-thirds of the season, at least.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I agree with Red here, insofar as to establish the rule the refs will overcall it for the first two-thirds of the season, at least.
    You recently eclipsed 20k posts. Did Mad send you a watch or something?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    You recently eclipsed 20k posts. Did Mad send you a watch or something?
    Nah, he just watches my posts to make sure I don't say anything political. I have my fingers crossed that he'll reach out to Drew Barrymore to tell her of the humorous crush I have on her and my 20,000 posts at Packerrats. Once he explains what an enormous accomplishment that is - the sheer dedication, coming back from bans, thinking up mindless shit to say - then her producers will reach out to me and invite me to come on the show. Then Drew invites me to go out on a date, and afterwards she invites me back to her mansion.

I will celebrate my outpouring of vomit over the years by posting a gallery of Drew Barrymore pics in the near future.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack