Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Its the offseason and WE CAN'T LOSE!!!

My Jacobs optimism is from living in Vegas. I will say that I don't think he is quite as talented as Jones though. But if it means less backups playing the net result is probably better.
The more I see and hear about Jacobs, the more excited I get. We're getting a great player and a great teammate right smack in his prime. I heard a guy who runs a podcast in Vegas just last night, saying that after their final game this year, Jacobs was going around the locker room saying goodbye to some of the local media - telling them he didn't know which way the wind was going to blow, but just in case, he wanted them to know he respected them and appreciated them being straightshooters and professionals. Now, just who does that? I never heard of it before.

It really sounds as though the Raiders handled him badly from the beginning, not making use of him in the passing game except as a dump-off option, making him play in a meaningless game when he was injured, and not picking up his option. And even when he was playing out his last season, he apparently spent a lot of time and effort mentoring his replacement, Zamir White.

Sounds like a real high-character guy, loved by his teammates. Aaron Jones left behind some big shoes to fill, but it sounds like Jacobs is better suited to fill them than any other running back we could have found.