Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Ya know Run, I've seen Powers-Jackson mocked in the first lately, but I think there is a good shot he is there in the 2nd for us. If Gutes drafted one of the elite OT prospects and Austin Powers in the 2nd I think our OL would be as good as anyone's in the league. Even then we should triple up in the 4/5th rounds for depth as I don't really like Rhyan at all. I'd love to hear the discussion if DeJean and one of the top OTs are both available when we pick.
I'm skeptical of Rhyan's ability to be a starter, although he went from "keeping the 3rd round bust streak alive" to serviceable backup, so he might have another step in his game. I wouldn't bank on it, and given the JRJ-Rhyan platooning last year I doubt Gute is. I think they should improve the OL overall - the only guys who should be locks as starters are Jenkins and Tom. The rest are young and/or need to be pushed to keep their jobs.

Tex, you realize Rodgers completely reworked his throwing motion from college to pros right? Working to improve is never a bad thing.
Agree. Remember how Love couldn't hit a deep throw the first half of the season? How many times did he underthrow or throw from a jump or unnecessary hitch? He cleans that up, it improves his timing and accuracy. Maybe throwing a lob off your back foot to Wicks will beat the Bears, but it's not going to cut it in the playoffs against SF. A 3% improvement in his accuracy would make a big difference over the course of a season. Also can give your receivers a better chance at gaining more YAC. Why wouldn't you want that? As I've said Love is far from a finished product - he's 24 years old - and has a lot of room for improvement after one year of starting. If he doesn't improve in years 2 & 3 then I'll be concerned, and GB will likely have grossly overpaid for their QB.