Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Josh Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    I watched that whole entire interview……

Packer reporters asked too many questions - poor JJ handled himself well.

You can tell he’s really young and hoping to make more money than his fucking $12.5 million signing bonus.

I’m hoping he’s super hungry!
    He's hungry. I've seen everything Jacobs for the past several years living here. We got a football player. Not just a RB, but a guy who wants to win, lives eats and breaths football. He elevates people around him the right way. You just want to play harder seeing a guy like Jacobs who never mails it in. No one does it like Giannis, but Jacobs is in that conversation.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

With Jacobs and our TEs, the red zone is going to be a comfortable place for Love to work. This offense will have an abundance of options in short yardage situations.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Did Tex spike everyone’s drinks?

Blog Entries
    Tex tries to indoctrinate em before they get warped by the writers and the godamned media.

What's this all about? Optimism? Who did I indoctrinate?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What's this all about? Optimism? Who did I indoctrinate?
    I was referring so many of the optimistic posts as of late. Your never say die attitude is my favorite thing about you.

Oh, ok. Honestly, I hadn't noticed. If it's about Love, optimism should be obvious. Ditto that about the receiving corps. Improvement with the new DC? That's pretty obvious too. Free agency? Being optimistic about McKinney and Jacobs shouldn't take much indoctrination hahahaha. Losing Jones and keeping Dillon? Those are kinda 50/50 all the way around.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I was referring so many of the optimistic posts as of late. Your never say die attitude is my favorite thing about you.
    Its the offseason and WE CAN'T LOSE!!!

My Jacobs optimism is from living in Vegas. I will say that I don't think he is quite as talented as Jones though. But if it means less backups playing the net result is probably better.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

My Jacobs optimism is from living in Vegas. I will say that I don't think he is quite as talented as Jones though. But if it means less backups playing the net result is probably better.
    The more I see and hear about Jacobs, the more excited I get. We're getting a great player and a great teammate right smack in his prime. I heard a guy who runs a podcast in Vegas just last night, saying that after their final game this year, Jacobs was going around the locker room saying goodbye to some of the local media - telling them he didn't know which way the wind was going to blow, but just in case, he wanted them to know he respected them and appreciated them being straightshooters and professionals. Now, just who does that? I never heard of it before.

It really sounds as though the Raiders handled him badly from the beginning, not making use of him in the passing game except as a dump-off option, making him play in a meaningless game when he was injured, and not picking up his option. And even when he was playing out his last season, he apparently spent a lot of time and effort mentoring his replacement, Zamir White.

Sounds like a real high-character guy, loved by his teammates. Aaron Jones left behind some big shoes to fill, but it sounds like Jacobs is better suited to fill them than any other running back we could have found.

That was probably a part of the calculation. Not a big part, or else they'd pay me to come in and play running back (I'm a great team guy!), but a part.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That was probably a part of the calculation. Not a big part, or else they'd pay me to come in and play running back (I'm a great team guy!), but a part.
    I actually think it was probably a pretty big part. They knew Jones leaves a leadership void, and wanted someone they thought could at least somewhat fill it.

You're almost to 20,000 posts!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I actually think it was probably a pretty big part. They knew Jones leaves a leadership void, and wanted someone they thought could at least somewhat fill it.

You're almost to 20,000 posts!

MILESTONE

What will the 20,000th post be ?

I nominate "F@ck you Bretsky" .....haha
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Anything less than a Drew montage would be a 16 beating a 1 level upset.

Blog Entries

I have to confess. Not sure I like it. I prefer all of you dooming and glooming because for nearly two decades I have seen what happens when we all get our balloon two full of fresh air. I don’t want the Packers to be the popular pick in 2024. They can say Pack is up and coming but don’t please not the preseason darlings.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I have to confess. Not sure I like it. I prefer all of you dooming and glooming because for nearly two decades I have seen what happens when we all get our balloon two full of fresh air. I don’t want the Packers to be the popular pick in 2024. They can say Pack is up and coming but don’t please not the preseason darlings.
    My fear is one no one will even touch on. Love is the next Carson Wentz. Wentz looked incredible his first 20 starts or so, now he can't land a backup job. Love only looked incredible when the running game gave him favorable downs/distances. A lot of QBs look good in those situations (which is why I hate the way QBs get paid like they are the only guy who matters). Love showed a lot of good. He also showed some pretty bad habits at times. I need to see 17+ games of good Love this year. If I'm GB I don't extend him until I see that.

Was that gloomy enough for you??

Blog Entries
    Was that gloomy enough for you??
    I feel like you went too far with the Wentz comparison but yeah that’s more like it.

Sorry guys but Love put this team on his back long before Aaron Jones returned from injury. He'll get an extension for 50M per year before the season starts. Drink the Kool-aid!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Sorry guys but Love put this team on his back long before Aaron Jones returned from injury. He'll get an extension for 50M per year before the season starts. Drink the Kool-aid!
    And he made some pretty bad decisions that worked out. I'm not all doom and gloom, but there is a fear in the back of my mind. When Jones disappeared for most of the 2nd half against SF, Love looked pretty ineffective.

He's far from a finished product - his fundamentals -- specifically his footwork -- needs work, and there are too many times he's still putting too much air under the ball when he should just rip it. There were a number of plays last year that went in GB's favor that were fractions of a second from being disastrous picks.

He's got a promising future, let's see how he handles this offseason. If he's jetting around doing interviews and pimping Old Spice instead of working on his fundamentals, they have a problem. Personally I think he's a pretty well grounded individual (so far) and will be ok.

The other thing I wonder about is how teams will try to defend GB, specifically Love now that there's a season of tape and an offseason to study and adjust for him. Teams will find and attack any weaknesses in his game.
    Having Jacobs and a good supporting cast will help mitigate that.

I also think, for both Jacobs and Love's sake, Gute takes some big steps towards solidifying the OL. I'm not fully confident in a Walker-Jenkins-Myers-Rhyan-Tom starting OL with Newman as the top backup. I think Myers and Rhyan are the weakspots and they will need to play better than they did to start last year. Maybe Rhyan makes a jump and improves this offseason, I think Myers is ok but getting more competition at C and G will help raise the floor of the OL. Would absolutely love to see this team have an OL that paired with Jacobs that just runs the ball right down the throat of the other NFCN teams. Play action passing would be super deadly.