Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Josh Jacobs

I watched that video, George. I don't get it.

Josh Jacobs - let's hope he can carry the load!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    A nice article about Jacobs in the Athletic today.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    A nice article about Jacobs in the Athletic today.

Please enjoy the story
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Sounds like Marty had very poor taste in women. And had other issues as well.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

" And besides, I never wanted to be the guy that joined the dominant team. I want to be the guy that beats the dominant team.”

I like the underdog mentality. I've been a Jacobs fan all along. I miss Jones, but I understand it was time.

It's been a strange offseason/preseason. Packers sign two top free agents in Jacobs and McKinney and what most people are talking about is the kicker and backup quarterback.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jacobs probably is a lateral move quality-wise and hopefully a major long term plus.

The way I see it, this Packer team had very very few if any weaknesses, mediocre kicking being about the only one, and there's a strong chance they fixed that big time. Back up QB is irrelevant UNLESS ....... We should be better there too, but probably not enough to deal with that UNLESS. I'm thinking the main difference Willis makes is a few trick plays and wildcat stuff.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    " And besides, I never wanted to be the guy that joined the dominant team. I want to be the guy that beats the dominant team.”

I like the underdog mentality. I've been a Jacobs fan all along. I miss Jones, but I understand it was time.
    I liked the part just before that quote, regarding the Chiefs pursuing him in free agency:

“They were trying to get me hard,” he said. “But there was no way I was going there. I feel like once you are rivals with somebody, you have a genuine hate for them. I couldn’t see myself in that color."

Hear that, Aaron Jones? You really do look wrong in purple!!

Maybe we won't see Jacobs on the Vikings, Bears or Lions as we have so many others.

I was really, really bummed that the Packers didn't retain Aaron Jones. He's a great guy and a dynamic back.

But I'm warming to the new guy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I was really, really bummed that the Packers didn't retain Aaron Jones. He's a great guy and a dynamic back.

But I'm warming to the new guy.
    Both would have been incredible. Jacobs is a 1/2 ton pickup and Jones is a sports car....ah the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Both would have been incredible. Jacobs is a 1/2 ton pickup and Jones is a sports car....ah the possibilities.
    That's why I'm intrigued by a Willis QB package. Teams get used to Jacobs' speed, and then Willis has an extra gear-and-a-half that they're not ready to cover. Once teams start closing in on the box, Malik has some mid-deep route combination drawn up (with a TE seam or something).
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I liked the part just before that quote, regarding the Chiefs pursuing him in free agency:

“They were trying to get me hard,” he said.
    [Insert inappropriate joke here]

Excellent, excellent. I see what you did there.

KYPack