Thread: New NFL Kickoff Rule Adopted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Well, I was flipping the channels today and a UFL game was on. One team was on the 8 and about to score, so I thought I would watch them score so I could watch a kickoff.

What a cluster fuck. The team scores a TD and apparently you can go for 1,2 or 3 points after a TD. But after the TD one of the O players spit on another player. So it’s a 15 yard penalty. Also. It looked like the RT moved early but wasn’t called. In the UFL you can throw a challenge flag on that. So the D challenged the false start and won. So it is now 2nd and goal at the 28 after the two penalties.

During the whole challenge they pipe the audio of the ref talking to the replay official while the announcer were still talking. And the announcers are trying to ask the replay official questions while he is trying to rule on the challenge. Total mess.

Anyway, they get everything sorted out and the ball slips out of the QBs hand. He picks it up and gets crushed as he throws the ball to the WR. The DB who hits him stand over him and gets a taunting penalty.

It was about 5 minutes of real time and they have run two plays. I couldn’t take any more and I didn’t see a score and a kickoff.
    You didn’t miss anything.

The UFL opted not to implement the XFL’s visionary/revolutionary, Seth Freaking Rollins-style kickoff format - the same format the NFL is currently plagiarizing. Instead, the UFL kicks off from the kicking team’s 20 while using “traditional” coverages.

As an aside, who y’all rooting for at Wrestlemania 40, Tribal Chief or American Nightmare?
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 04-01-2024 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Acknowledging Roman Reigns.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.