Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NFL bans 'hip drop' tackle

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    It’ll be like most rules and they’ll throw flags for first 4 games and it might affect a game.

But most likely it’ll be used for retrospective fines and not flags.

It’s not like they got rid of extra points (they should) or changed the OT to more college like rules (I’d also say is better).
    If the goal is just to stop players from doing it, why make it anything other than a fine?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Possibly. When the horse collar rule came out, it seemed really easy to see and even easier for a player to avoid. This one doesn't feel that way to me.
    Right. So if I can't "swivel" my hips, can I just pull my knees into the back of his knees and pin his legs that way? I didn't do the swivel. No? So I have to wrap him and dead weight my own back into a pretzel and hurt myself instead...sorry, I probably make a business decision and let him run.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    If the goal is just to stop players from doing it, why make it anything other than a fine?
    I think that's mostly what's going to happen. I don't think you'll see it called in games much. I also think you'll see the NFL in preseason holding meetings with players about specifically what it is to get the players to stop using the technique.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Right. So if I can't "swivel" my hips, can I just pull my knees into the back of his knees and pin his legs that way? I didn't do the swivel. No? So I have to wrap him and dead weight my own back into a pretzel and hurt myself instead...sorry, I probably make a business decision and let him run.
    I think you can. Provided that doesn't cause you to put the crown of your helmet into the guy's back.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    And this:
    How much swivel is required?
    How forceful does the contact with the legs need to be?
    How much weight does the player need to transfer when pulling themselves up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think that's mostly what's going to happen. I don't think you'll see it called in games much. I also think you'll see the NFL in preseason holding meetings with players about specifically what it is to get the players to stop using the technique.
    That's pretty hip.

Wait, no it's not.

No, it is.

No, it's not.

I'm so confused.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is that like the Mexican version of the Disney Channel? If so, it's a lot hotter than what we get here. The American Disney kids don't usually get sexy until after they leave Disney.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn you’re White. Dude that song was very popular in the mid 90s. One hit wonder kinda thing. You had to have heard it at a sporting event. Now they can play it when that penalty gets called.

The Mexican shows never did that. It was the ladies hosting the shows who would be hoochied up.

Someone needs to remake that using "when you dip I dip and swivel". I think it could be an underground hit.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.