Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
Oh yeah, the improvement was a team effort. The change in Love's off field work and study is not to infer that he wasn't working before. The idea is focus. Love and Clements looked at some areas that had been problems in the games to that point. They focused on platform, arm angle, footwork and most importantly reading opposing D's. They did work on those points. I heard that in several interviews that Love has given. The most important thing they worked on was Love learned to trust his reads and make the adjustments. The Packers were the most blitzed team in the league. Love's work meant the team was spot on in their hot and blitz control routes. The WR room, the TE's, the return of Aaron Jones were all additional factors in the Pack's 2nd half improvement.

But the "revisionist history" comment you can shove up your glowakus. Those are Love's stats from the first and second halves of the season. From a shaky start, the GB offense stepped up in the first tier of NFL offenses in the second half. On that point we can all agree.
Didn't quite mean it to sound offensive KY, I save that for certain posters. I say revisionist when what I really mean is a theory applied as an answer to a strawman question. I agree that he continued to work and improve throughout the season and clearly as a first year starter things would need to be polished.

My main point is that it wasn't as clearly defined as 2 seasons where Love completely had the light turn on. It was as Run said after me, a continuous process and basically what you would hope would happen with a young team. I used the term symbiotic many times early on and it happened beyond my wildest dreams. As guys got used to each other it SEEMED like Love and others made a huge jump. The truth is they all made a small jump and the sum was much bigger than the parts. I still have a deep seeded fear that Love will regress and suddenly skinbasket will find time out of his busy schedule to crow that he was right all along, when in reality he was over reacting, just like some of us might be over reacting to a hot streak to end the season.