Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
So the post implies he WASN'T working as hard the first 8 weeks. What gives? Some of the post sounds like revisionist history. Or a story of how things looked. I'm not convinced he "buckled down" or any of that stuff. I am convinced everyone around him started playing better and the overall product improved immensely. No doubt Love played better as well, but I don't think it was all him.

I honestly hope they don't extend him til next offseason. Tag him or whatever, but I want to see him do it again.
I think Love got better as the year went on AND the receivers did too. I don't think they worked harder or anything, it was a continuous process and eventually they got better individually and grew together with some chemistry (i.e., collectively).

Love will get an extension probably in June when the rest of the Devondre stuff clears, the way Gute was talking they feel confident they got their guy.

I'm pretty confident they do too, but I would also like to see a little more proof that it wasn't some kind of "Nick Foles SB run for Philly" hot streak. I'd also like to see how he responds now that teams have film and an offseason to pick apart his game for weaknesses. He's clearly got talent and is still very young, so there's upside.

Locking him in now will be cheaper than waiting until next offseason, when he will be chased both by GB and other teams. The contracts for QBs just keep climbing, if he's the guy GB needs to lock him in now.