Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The hamstring epidemic

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That's not just annoying; it's a mark of genius. You keep people locked in to commercial after commercial, thus maximizing your profits.

Your point is a fair one, but just for me, the stupid fake injuries are the most annoying of all. I can wait to tune in an NBA game until the fourth quarter, or mute the TV commercials for football while I go work on dinner or post on Packerrats, but the fake injuries and the terrible acting are inescapable.
    You just ignore the one dude laying on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That's not just annoying; it's a mark of genius. You keep people locked in to commercial after commercial, thus maximizing your profits.

Your point is a fair one, but just for me, the stupid fake injuries are the most annoying of all. I can wait to tune in an NBA game until the fourth quarter, or mute the TV commercials for football while I go work on dinner or post on Packerrats, but the fake injuries and the terrible acting are inescapable.
    at least soccer doesn't cut to ads when the guy is faking the injury

i love soccer, but yes, the flopping sucks bad. they need to start carding assholes for that

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    at least soccer doesn't cut to ads when the guy is faking the injury

i love soccer, but yes, the flopping sucks bad. they need to start carding assholes for that
    Hard to implement. There are legit injuries. They just keep playing now if there's no foul, so their team plays a man down while they are on the ground. That's helped get them back up faster at least.