Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lazy-Rat Packer fan’s 1st round predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Christian Watsons dad (ex safety) thinks Dejean plays a game like Ed reed. So there’s that.
    I said Nick Collins, but I'd "settle" for Ed Reed. He is pretty damn big for a CB at 6'+ and over 200lbs.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    That kid seems to be rising!
    A couple days ago I read there are 3 teams ahead of us who could use Dejean. You never know.

Keep the predictions coming Packer fans.
    He seems like a Steeler or Raven pick. We need to get in front of Pitt if we want him.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He seems like a Steeler or Raven pick. We need to get in front of Pitt if we want him.
    That’s what I mean bobble, I’m thinking we need to move ahead for this guy.
    We need him, we double down with that sexy Xavier McKinney player.

Cooper Dejean, aka Dijon Mustard.
    Ahh, brats and Dijon.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Nobody.

Trades out of the first, and loads up on 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks via several trades both down and up.
    I think he trades too. But it's more likely up than down, that is if there's someone Gute really likes. They need quality, not quantity this draft, except the OL which could use a few extra bodies.

And a move up, I think, would be for a tackle (less likely) or CB. So, I'll shoot for the starts and say Quinyon Mitchell is the pick.
    Last edited by Jaire; 04-22-2024 at 08:57 PM.

GB trades #25 and 91 to the Commando’s for #’s 40,67 and 100.
    Packers take E Cooper, Beebe and k. Jenkins with their 2nds. C. Bishop, braelen allen, blake Fisher in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Nobody.

Trades out of the first, and loads up on 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks via several trades both down and up.
    I'd be ok with this, especially if some of those R2-4 picks were in 2025, when it's possible there's a better class of S, LB and RB.
    Having extra Day 2 picks when they host the draft would be icing on the cake for Mark Murphy.

There simply might not be anyone at 25 who is worthy of a R1 pick and they could get same value plus another pick by trading down.

Then again, I'm always on the trade down bandwagon and think about how fun having something like 6 R2 picks would be.

On second thought forget beebe and his short arms
    Gimme legette, jenkins and bishop in the 2nd. Colson, Allen and fisher in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    I think he trades too. But it's more likely up than down, that is if there's someone Gute really likes. They need quality, not quantity this draft, except the OL which could use a few extra bodies.

And a move up, I think, would be for a tackle (less likely) or CB. So, I'll shoot for the starts and say Quinyon Mitchell is the pick.
    In his pre-draft presser, Guter mentioned he'd love to have thirteen or fourteen picks in this draft, just to increase the level of competition and give the team more chances to find good players.

So we shall soon see.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    In his pre-draft presser, Guter mentioned he'd love to have thirteen or fourteen picks in this draft, just to increase the level of competition and give the team more chances to find good players.

So we shall soon see.
    His brief history is to move up when he feels they are close. He could be blowing smoke, he could be serious, who knows. I would love to move back and end up with 4 2nds and 1 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    His brief history is to move up when he feels they are close. He could be blowing smoke, he could be serious, who knows. I would love to move back and end up with 4 2nds and 1 3rd.
    Daniel Jeremiah
    @MoveTheSticks

To summarize my last 5 phone calls- everyone is moving up for an OT.
    This could be the Packers opportunity to trade down from 25.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    This could be the Packers opportunity to trade down from 25.
    Except I think if there is an OT available, we are drafting him.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Except I think if there is an OT available, we are drafting him.
    Maybe. That's a coin flip in my opinion. The OT class is so strong there probably will be one worth drafting at 25.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Maybe. That's a coin flip in my opinion. The OT class is so strong there probably will be one worth drafting at 25.
    I don't see a tackle for Green Bay at 25. I have a hard time seeing them taking Mims or Guyton if they are there. In fact I don't have a clear pick at all for GB at their slot. Should be interesting. I have the Toledo kid just cuz he's the player that could be on the board that they might trade with Seattle for.... trade down is actually looking good if they don't like Cooper. Lot of 2nd round talent in this draft for GB.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Then we are saying the same thing. I think a good OT prospect will be available and we will draft him. So we won't be moving around in the draft in the 1st round.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

If we can only pick 1 it's Cooper demean.

But he will probably be gone and then it's trade back into 2nd and get a few ol
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

After doing the vast amount of research that I always do, I have concluded that Mims and Guyton would be scary selections - Mims because of his injury history, and Guyton for his "Looks like Tarzan..." reputation.

Maybe everybody's moving up to take an OT and Green Bay takes . . . a center.

Or if they do trade back, maybe it's so somebody can get their hands on one of the 'Nix' boys - Bo "Peep" or Michael Pe.

I will be in Detroit for Friday night's portion of the draft, so I would love that scenario one of you posted where GB trades back and has four second-round picks and a third.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

There'll probably be a few worth drafting at #41, too, for that matter. With tackles this deep, guys who would have been likely 1st-rounders most years will slip well into the 2nd. Most teams who have a strong need for OT will probably get their fill in the 1st, and teams drafting OT in the 2nd will probably be looking more for bargain upgrades and strong depth - not immediate need. We'll have some options in the middle of that round that we wouldn't have most years.

don't know who the pick is, but I hate it already. FIRW EVRYWUN

I'm just not that into the draft this year. I think I'm getting soft.