Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Official NFL Draft 1st Round Thread

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    so what is this guy

is he a guard? or a short armed left tackle?

do we now move tom to center, walker to RT and this guy at LT?

do we screw up our future LT by making him play RT now, then switch the 2 tackles in a season or 2?
    He is built like zack tom. Packers have a type. They don't go for guys who are too big. Good athletes. Played LT in college.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    With the talk about Tom being a probowl center, I'm not too surprised they went OT. I'm also guessing they like Tom at center better than Barton.
    hall of fame center, all pro guard, all star tackle

so did anyone hear of him being linked to us at all in the run up to the draft?

i can't remember anyone mentioning him as a target or mocking him to us

gutey really had everyone fooled on this one

​I won't lie - I don't understand this.

I said all along, I trust Gute, and yield to his experience, his skills, and his demonstrated expertise. I absolutely meant that, and absolutely still do. I wouldn't criticize this pick even if I wanted to, because I don't know a fraction of what he knows. I am not even remotely qualified to judge or criticize.

But I do think I am qualified to be confused. And I now exercise my prerogative to wonder what the heck this was all about. It seems to me we had excellent opportunities to significantly strengthen the team in some spots where we needed improvemnet much more badly than O-line. But then again, I have never managed an NFL team for a living. So, there's that.....

Well, we have 10 more picks - 91% of the draft remains. I have total faith many of those 10 picks will make much more sense, and we're coming out of this weekend with a much stronger team than we ended the season with. Even if it doesn't look tonight the way most of us hoped or expected.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He is built like zack tom. Packers have a type. They don't go for guys who are too big. Good athletes. Played LT in college.
    wouldn't mind 5 of those guys

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post

I said all along, I trust Gute, and yield to his experience, his skills, and his demonstrated expertise. I absolutely meant that, and absolutely still do. I wouldn't criticize this pick even if I wanted to, because I don't know a fraction of what he knows. I am not even remotely qualified to judge or criticize.

But I do think I am qualified to be confused. And I now exercise my prerogative to wonder what the heck this was all about.

Well, we have 10 more picks - 91% of the draft remains. I have total faith many of those 10 picks will make much more sense, and we're coming out of this weekend with a much stronger team than we ended the season with. Even if it doesn't look tonight the way most of us hoped or expected.
    I wouldn't read too much into other than the usual. Brian's board can vary significantly from the consensus big board.

But I do think I am qualified to be confused. And I now exercise my prerogative to wonder what the heck this was all about.

again

what we think, and what all the "experts" think, doesn't mean shit

the only people that have any clue whats really going on is the GMs, and they are the only ones that matter

and they are doing a whole hell of a lot more research then we do

wouldn't mind 5 of those guys
    We have 3 now. Walker is a tad bigger but still futs the mold. They will draft 2 more before this is done.

Blog Entries
    Wish GB would have just traded back with the Chiefs
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

is xavier worthy the guy that tested insanely well, but dropped every ball thrown his way at the combine?

hall of fame center, all pro guard, all star tackle
    That sounds like a not insignificant upgrade at center from last season.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Blog Entries

But I do think I am qualified to be confused. And I now exercise my prerogative to wonder what the heck this was all about. It seems to me we had excellent opportunities to significantly strengthen the team in some spots where we needed improvemnet much more badly than O-line. But then again, I have never managed an NFL team for a living. So, there's that.....

Agree with all of this
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

9.24 RAS.

so did anyone hear of him being linked to us at all in the run up to the draft?

i can't remember anyone mentioning him as a target or mocking him to us

gutey really had everyone fooled on this one
    I think a lot of people had him ranked in the early-mid 30's so didn't really see him as a likely Packer pick. Obviously Gute had him ranked a bit higher.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    9.24 RAS.
    thank you

so he fits the packer mold

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Wish GB would have just traded back with the Chiefs
    I wish the Chiefs were really hot on somebody at 25.

The comp to Tyron Smith is fair. Smith was probably the best run blocking left tackle in football. I forgot one thing about the Packers types guys that can make second level blocks which Morgan is excellent at.

so the comparison is tyron smith

thats not too bad

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...jordan-morgan/

this guy had the packers selecting morgan

also had a great senior bowl outing