Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Official NFL Draft 1st Round Thread

Can't have your new $50M/yr QB playing behind a leaky line. We could see another OL taken tomorrow.

I'm still watching. Hoping we give the bills their pick back so we can draft DeJean
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...jordan-morgan/

this guy had the packers selecting morgan

also had a great senior bowl outing
    Didn't lose a single one-on-one at the Senior bowl. That alone should have tipped us off he'd be the pick.

Blog Entries
    I don't know why, but most years I am pissed that the Ravens, or Steelers, grab guys I want for GB

This was an ok pick. Need pick. It just seemed like the draft was very deep with OL and not so much with CB/S so I'm kinda shocked when we had the option to get about the best DB or an OL not graded top tier by most we went with the OL

And the fact that Red is justifying the pick.....shit is a bad thing.....lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Turns 23 just before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Can't have your new $50M/yr QB playing behind a leaky line. We could see another OL taken tomorrow.
    we get another o-line starter tomorrow and we could have a scary good line

its already looking much better with morgan at RG or RT and tom at center

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Didn't lose a single one-on-one at the Senior bowl. That alone should have tipped us off he'd be the pick.
    yup, i saw that and i was like, well duh

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I don't know why, but most years I am pissed that the Ravens, or Steelers, grab guys I want for GB

This was an ok pick. Need pick. It just seemed like the draft was very deep with OL and not so much with CB/S so I'm kinda shocked when we had the option to get about the best DB or an OL not graded top tier by most we went with the OL

I take it you don't have Stokes breaking out this year.

Me neither.

I'm still watching. Hoping we give the bills their pick back so we can draft DeJean
    4 hours is too fucking long for this shit

don't be surprised if we jump up to the top of the second if theres someone there we like. we did it with watson

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

nooo

its a bad thing when we agree

its a good thing when i'm right and you're wrong

If we can move up for cooper and then get payton wilson later it would nail my top 3 prediction, just wrong order

And of course most people on this board are already aware of this, but it's still important to remember - he's not done working yet, he didn't already grab a plane back to the other side of the lake. He doesn't draft one round at a time; the 1st round is just the first piece of a strategic plan, and he has a step by step strategy for every slot at every round. He's not finished. He's barely begun. For all we know, he's going to be doing sommersaults and cartwheels all the way back to his hotel room because he can't believe how well Round 2 is setting up for him.

I guess all we can do at this point is wait and see what he does next. Let's remember, the man worked a bordeline miracle with the 2022 draft and a full blown miracle last year. I'm quite confident that there'll be at least a couple of points the next 2 days that have us all yelling "holy cow look what he did, the man is a jeenyus!!!!"

I counted 23 offensive players taken in the first round. Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    And of course most people on this board are already aware of this, but it's still important to remember - he's not done working yet, he didn't already grab a plane back to the other side of the lake. He doesn't draft one round at a time; the 1st round is just the first piece of a strategic plan, and he has a step by step strategy for every slot at every round. He's not finished. He's barely begun. For all we know, he's going to be doing sommersaults and cartwheels all the way back to his hotel room because he can't believe how well Round 2 is setting up for him.

I guess all we can do at this point is wait and see what he does next. Let's remember, the man worked a bordeline miracle with the 2022 draft and a full blown miracle last year. I'm quite confident that there'll be at least a couple of points the next 2 days that have us all yelling "holy cow look what he did, the man is a jeenyus!!!!"
    umm

you do know that the packers war room is in green bay, right?

i doubt any of the teams are in detroit

well, maybe detroit

4 hours is too fucking long for this shit
    It gave me enough time to drink the beers at a low, leisurely, measured pace, befitting my maturity as a senior citizen. Rather than slamming down one every ten minutes so there wouldn't have been any wasted beers from the 12-pack when the program was over.

But then again, it alowed me more time to lose my curds. Cheese curds are part of my game tradition - I have cheese curds on hand for every game, which also means I need to have a bag ready and loaded for draft day. I opened it at the start of the draft, but by the time we picked, I couldn't find where I put them. So I had no curds when it was our pick.

Biggest disappointment of the draft so far, as far as I'm concerned

don't be surprised if we jump up to the top of the second if theres someone there we like. we did it with watson
    We might even see a couple of those moves, and I wouldn't be shocked if he made a trade that involved a player on our roster. He has contingency plans for every pick in every round, and tomorrow is when we start to get a sense of what those contingencies may be.

Gutekunst's history suggests that this should have been a year where he was very likely to make at least one trade in the 1st. The fact that he did not could mean any number of things; one of those things may be that the round played out roughly as he expected it, and didn't feel a need to move. That he was content to just left the draft come to him on this first day. We may see a different approach on Friday.

Scott fucking Campbell omg

umm

well, maybe detroit
    Oh, shit... nah, never thought of that. God damn, technology just makes me feel like a dinosaur sometimes. I guess I still have this mental image of 32 tables on the floor of the room, with all these grumpy-looking old guys smoking cigarettes and talking with one another on the phones from 15 feet away.

OK, yeah, that was dumb. Let's just forget I said that.

I suppose next you're going to tell me that they have internet, too... right? Please; you gotta just ease me into this sort of thing a little bit a time.

The comp to Tyron Smith is fair. Smith was probably the best run blocking left tackle in football. I forgot one thing about the Packers types guys that can make second level blocks which Morgan is excellent at.
    But Tyron Smith looks way bigger and has 3.5 inch longer arms. This is a weird looking dude. Looks small for his size to me. Who was that dude from Indy who was light as fuck on his feet but sucked balls?

umm

well, maybe detroit
    I think even Detroit brass hates being in Detroit. They probably are somewhere in Florida or along the California coast.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    But Tyron Smith looks way bigger and has 3.5 inch longer arms. This is a weird looking dude. Looks small for his size to me. Who was that dude from Indy who was light as fuck on his feet but sucked balls?
    He is similar in stature to Zack Tom as I said. Smith was indeed a mauler, but if you get under guys you can get push. Morgan is a really good run blocker. Smith also didn't pass block like an elite LT. Again, Morgan might be just as good in that category.