Thread: Official NFL Draft 1st Round Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Man, the Jets stared the Vikings down and made them believe someone else was on the phone wanting #10.

May even have been the truth, but considering that it's the Vikings I hope it isn't. And they got pantsed.

For all we know, Joe Douglas texted his wife and told her "call me on this number and stay on the line; we can even argue about the new carpet in the living room. Just stay on the line so I can humiliate the Vikings."
    Last edited by Frozen Tundra; 04-25-2024 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    Man, the Jets stared the Vikings down and made them believe someone else was on the phone wanting #10.

May even have been the truth, but considering that it's the Vikings I hope it isn't. And they got pantsed.
    Nah, do you really think they believe Rodgers is a long term answer? Two years at best for me. Plus, the price wasn't that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Nah, do you really think they believe Rodgers is a long term answer? Two years at best for me. Plus, the price wasn't that high.
    Are you hanging on the Vikings boards tonight? How's the draft going over with all my old friends from when I lived in the Twin Cities? Any strong early reactions?

Are you hanging on the Vikings boards tonight? How's the draft going over with all my old friends from when I lived in the Twin Cities? Any strong early reactions?

Hey Frozen, I've been here in it's various forms since like 1999 I think. That was JSO Online and good ole Tex was there. No, I am not on any Vikings boards, never found one that had interesting people like here. I like hanging out with you guys.

byron murphy gone

he would have been a nice addition

guy is 6'0 and a half inch and is towering over his whole family by a good foot

queens trade up to take dallas turner

probably the better of their 2 picks

door flies wide open for us to get coop

honestly, if you flip their 2 picks and take turner at 10 and JJ at 17, i would say thats a good night

sorry, that IS NOT 275,000 people

i had a hard time believing it was 150,000

good, mimms is off the board

too boom or busty for me to be comfortable with

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    True, but they do have needs that Day 3 picks might have helped. But I'm not trying to pass as an authority; you've got your ear firmly against the ground there and I've been away from Minnesota for years, so I defer to you on any matter of opinion.

As for Rodgers, I'm honestly a little skeptical that he'll even be a short term answer. I think he's gong to have one of the worst years of his career in 24, because he'll turn 41 this season, he'll get of to a slow start, fighting through the rust of a full year away from the game, and be surrounded by a very incomplete team populated with players he has no familiarity with and no rhythm or chemistry. I don't expect much more than an above-.500 season, but not by much, and by the end of the year I doubt either he or the Jets will be all that eager to try again in 25. I'd guess that 2025 is 50-50.

Were you thinking the Jets mightg have gone McCarthy?.

True, but they do have needs that Day 3 picks might have helped. But I'm not trying to pass as an authority; you've got your ear firmly against the ground there and I've been away from Minnesota for years, so I defer to you on any matter of opinion.

As for Rodgers, I'm honestly a little skeptical that he'll even be a short term answer. I think he's gong to have one of the worst years of his career in 24, because he'll turn 41 this season, he'll get of to a slow start, fighting through the rust of a full year away from the game, and be surrounded by a very incomplete team populated with players he has no familiarity with and no rhythm or chemistry. I don't expect much more than an above-.500 season, but not by much, and by the end of the year I doubt either he or the Jets will be all that eager to try again in 25. I'd guess that 2025 is 50-50.

Were you thinking the Jets mightg have gone McCarthy?.
    I agree on Rodgers. I have no idea what the Jets might have thought on a replacement. You probably know how Aaron reacted last time. Not expecting a breakout season and I'll be honest, that fucker has a screw loose.