Thread: Official NFL Draft 1st Round Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Denver would probably love to move down at this point, if GB was interested in moving up.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Denver would probably love to move down at this point, if GB was interested in moving up.
    broncos pick is in

bo nix maybe?

broncos aren't just on the clock asshole

their pick has been in for 10 minutes

bo fucking nix at #12

6 QB's in 12 picks
    Last edited by red; 04-25-2024 at 08:35 PM. Reason: alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    broncos pick is in

bo nix maybe?
    Good lord, they did it.

This quarterback frenzy is irrational. Poor Raiders.... up until a half hour ago, they must have been 100% certan they were getting a quarterback tonight.

Brock Bowers

Overview
    Prolific pass-catching tight end with a rare blend of acceleration, speed, body control and hands that could breathe new life into a stale NFL offense. Bowers was a high-volume target at Georgia and led the team in receiving yards in all three of his college seasons. He plays with relentless pacing as a route runner, allowing him to beat man coverage. Also, he’s highly effective at exploiting zone pockets for first downs and chunk plays. Bowers’ secret sauce might be his ability to rip through tacklers and pile on yardage after the catch. He’ll be an adequate move blocker and give effort at the point of attack, but that is the one area where his game falls short of George Kittle’s, for comparison purposes. Bowers is an explosive athlete but lacks the premium measurables typically associated with early first-rounders. It might take a year for him to acclimate to defenders who are bigger, faster and longer, but he appears destined to become a highly productive NFL player with Pro Bowl upside.

Strengths
    Gets off the snap with good lean and early acceleration.
    Capable of getting to his top speed very quickly.
    Runs routes with controlled strides and cut-ready footwork.
    Preserves play speed and begins to separate when turning routes.
    Talent to beat man-cover linebackers on the next level.
    Hands-catcher operating with good coordination and technique.
    Exceptional toughness and contact balance with the ball in his hands.
    Gets hands into proper positioning as a run blocker.

Weaknesses
    Needs to become more forceful when fitting up his blocks.
    Inconsistent sustaining run blocks in space.
    Will need to improve route savvy underneath.
    Limited catch radius.
    Came out on the wrong side of contested catches in 2023.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Taliese Fuaga

Overview
    Beefy right tackle capable of playing at a high level despite his lack of ideal pad level and lower-body bend. Fuaga plays with a fairly aggressive disposition. He’s a one-pop blocker who struggles to clinch into his run blocks and is therefore forced to work overtime to sustain and finish. The pass protection technique is outstanding, and he possesses the athleticism to mirror and match edge-to-edge rush movements. Fuaga’s hand work is exceptional in pass pro and will need to remain so, because of his lack of desired range for recovering when beaten. A team could slide him to guard to improve its interior protection, but he’s best-suited at right tackle, where he should become a good starter.

Strengths
    Glides into pass sets with controlled slides, ready hands and quiet upper body.
    Throws stiff right-left combinations, creating disruption for rusher.
    Hands are highly active through the rush, helping to keep opponent centered.
    Mirrors with fluidity, with little to no stall when changing direction.
    Flashes ability to dig in with leveraged hand strikes at point of attack.
    Gathers and adjusts his track to make his blocks in space.
    Smooth and accurate when working from block to block.

Weaknesses
    Pops up tall off the snap and gets behind in back-side cutoffs.
    On first contact, tends to hit and bounce rather than hit and stick.
    His run blocking is much less organized and technical than his pass blocking.
    Doesn’t have the range in pass sets to succeed when tardy out of his stance.
    Occasional issues allowing weight to slide too far out on outside foot.
    Washington had some success beating his outside hand and trimming the edge.

Man, the Jets stared the Vikings down and made them believe someone else was on the phone wanting #10.

May even have been the truth, but considering that it's the Vikings I hope it isn't. And they got pantsed.

For all we know, Joe Douglas texted his wife and told her "call me on this number and stay on the line; we can even argue about the new carpet in the living room. Just stay on the line so I can humiliate the Vikings."
    Last edited by Frozen Tundra; 04-25-2024 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    Man, the Jets stared the Vikings down and made them believe someone else was on the phone wanting #10.

May even have been the truth, but considering that it's the Vikings I hope it isn't. And they got pantsed.
    Nah, do you really think they believe Rodgers is a long term answer? Two years at best for me. Plus, the price wasn't that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Nah, do you really think they believe Rodgers is a long term answer? Two years at best for me. Plus, the price wasn't that high.
    Are you hanging on the Vikings boards tonight? How's the draft going over with all my old friends from when I lived in the Twin Cities? Any strong early reactions?

Are you hanging on the Vikings boards tonight? How's the draft going over with all my old friends from when I lived in the Twin Cities? Any strong early reactions?

Hey Frozen, I've been here in it's various forms since like 1999 I think. That was JSO Online and good ole Tex was there. No, I am not on any Vikings boards, never found one that had interesting people like here. I like hanging out with you guys.

byron murphy gone

he would have been a nice addition

guy is 6'0 and a half inch and is towering over his whole family by a good foot

queens trade up to take dallas turner

probably the better of their 2 picks

door flies wide open for us to get coop

honestly, if you flip their 2 picks and take turner at 10 and JJ at 17, i would say thats a good night

sorry, that IS NOT 275,000 people

i had a hard time believing it was 150,000

good, mimms is off the board

too boom or busty for me to be comfortable with

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    True, but they do have needs that Day 3 picks might have helped. But I'm not trying to pass as an authority; you've got your ear firmly against the ground there and I've been away from Minnesota for years, so I defer to you on any matter of opinion.

As for Rodgers, I'm honestly a little skeptical that he'll even be a short term answer. I think he's gong to have one of the worst years of his career in 24, because he'll turn 41 this season, he'll get of to a slow start, fighting through the rust of a full year away from the game, and be surrounded by a very incomplete team populated with players he has no familiarity with and no rhythm or chemistry. I don't expect much more than an above-.500 season, but not by much, and by the end of the year I doubt either he or the Jets will be all that eager to try again in 25. I'd guess that 2025 is 50-50.

Were you thinking the Jets mightg have gone McCarthy?.

True, but they do have needs that Day 3 picks might have helped. But I'm not trying to pass as an authority; you've got your ear firmly against the ground there and I've been away from Minnesota for years, so I defer to you on any matter of opinion.

As for Rodgers, I'm honestly a little skeptical that he'll even be a short term answer. I think he's gong to have one of the worst years of his career in 24, because he'll turn 41 this season, he'll get of to a slow start, fighting through the rust of a full year away from the game, and be surrounded by a very incomplete team populated with players he has no familiarity with and no rhythm or chemistry. I don't expect much more than an above-.500 season, but not by much, and by the end of the year I doubt either he or the Jets will be all that eager to try again in 25. I'd guess that 2025 is 50-50.

Were you thinking the Jets mightg have gone McCarthy?.
    I agree on Rodgers. I have no idea what the Jets might have thought on a replacement. You probably know how Aaron reacted last time. Not expecting a breakout season and I'll be honest, that fucker has a screw loose.

Laiatu Latu

Overview
    Latu possesses the kind of rare maturity to his game that you usually see from NFL veterans. He rarely stays blocked by tackles as a run defender and dominates blocking tight ends on the collegiate level. His pass-rush approach is both well conceived and instinctive, and he’s brilliant at taking possession of the rep using clever hands and slippery angles to pry open opportunities. His eyes play beyond blockers, and he feeds off of a voracious motor that keeps him pushing forward as a run defender and pass rusher. Concerns surrounding his neck injury (while at Washington) will certainly come into play when he gets to medical exams, but his durability and play at UCLA are certainly promising. Everything about Latu’s skill set and production is translatable to the NFL, and he could become a Pro Bowler as a 3-4 outside linebacker with a heavy influence on the game.

Strengths
    Menacing portfolio of movement and entry angles in his rush.
    Mensa-level hand usage with slaps, swats, rips, counters and stabs at his disposal.
    Motor and strength to drive through redirect blocks once he finds an opening.
    Times up bull rush to attack tackle’s change of weight distribution in his slide.
    Quick-win rusher when allowed to reduce inside against guards.
    Brutish take-on typically eliminates blocking tight ends in short order.
    Stacks and sheds blockers with good timing to sink into running backs.
    Has the athletic ability to drop and swerve in short-area coverage.

Weaknesses
    Medical concerns surrounding his neck injury (while at Washington) will need to be evaluated.
    Frame build-out and body type are average.
    Legs straighten out during rush engagement, robbing him of leverage.
    Plays with good power but doesn’t carry a firm anchor against the run.
    Pursuit speed to boundary or sideline is very average.