Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFL Draft 1st Round Thread

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Don’t think we should move back at this point. A very good defensive player will be there.
    Yeah. We'll get our DB for sure at this rate, and it may very well even be DeJean.

A lot of smart drafting teams coming up. They all seem content to wait and load up on good defenders. Saints and Colts ain’t hearing the phones ring.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

finally a d player at #15

liauliaio lautuao

Good evening guys. I obviously don't watch the draft like I used to. McCarthy to the Vikes is so-so. At least they retained their second first.

Laiatu Latu

Overview
    Latu possesses the kind of rare maturity to his game that you usually see from NFL veterans. He rarely stays blocked by tackles as a run defender and dominates blocking tight ends on the collegiate level. His pass-rush approach is both well conceived and instinctive, and he’s brilliant at taking possession of the rep using clever hands and slippery angles to pry open opportunities. His eyes play beyond blockers, and he feeds off of a voracious motor that keeps him pushing forward as a run defender and pass rusher. Concerns surrounding his neck injury (while at Washington) will certainly come into play when he gets to medical exams, but his durability and play at UCLA are certainly promising. Everything about Latu’s skill set and production is translatable to the NFL, and he could become a Pro Bowler as a 3-4 outside linebacker with a heavy influence on the game.

Strengths
    Menacing portfolio of movement and entry angles in his rush.
    Mensa-level hand usage with slaps, swats, rips, counters and stabs at his disposal.
    Motor and strength to drive through redirect blocks once he finds an opening.
    Times up bull rush to attack tackle’s change of weight distribution in his slide.
    Quick-win rusher when allowed to reduce inside against guards.
    Brutish take-on typically eliminates blocking tight ends in short order.
    Stacks and sheds blockers with good timing to sink into running backs.
    Has the athletic ability to drop and swerve in short-area coverage.

Weaknesses
    Medical concerns surrounding his neck injury (while at Washington) will need to be evaluated.
    Frame build-out and body type are average.
    Legs straighten out during rush engagement, robbing him of leverage.
    Plays with good power but doesn’t carry a firm anchor against the run.
    Pursuit speed to boundary or sideline is very average.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    Good evening guys. I obviously don't watch the draft like I used to. McCarthy to the Vikes is so-so. At least they retained their second first.
    Vikings gonna steal DeJean from us?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    Man, the Jets stared the Vikings down and made them believe someone else was on the phone wanting #10.

May even have been the truth, but considering that it's the Vikings I hope it isn't. And they got pantsed.
    Nah, do you really think they believe Rodgers is a long term answer? Two years at best for me. Plus, the price wasn't that high.

seems like they got the guy they wanted and didn't have to give up a whole lot to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    No idea Joe. I don't follow this shit that closely anymore. I will say the lad that was interviewed just now sounded like Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    we can jump in at any time if we really want him

No idea Joe. I don't follow this shit that closely anymore. I will say the lad that was interviewed just now sounded like Muhammad Ali.
    and his mom sounded like she had a few too many happy pills to go with a few too many glasses of wine

Nah, do you really think they believe Rodgers is a long term answer? Two years at best for me. Plus, the price wasn't that high.
    Are you hanging on the Vikings boards tonight? How's the draft going over with all my old friends from when I lived in the Twin Cities? Any strong early reactions?

It's still an eternity to 25, but Arnold, Wiggins and Mitchell are all still there along with murphy and a couple really good OL
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

holy fuck, i just saw a real foo man choo

i've only seen those in cartoon drawings of asians in war propaganda posters

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    It's still an eternity to 25, but Arnold, Wiggins and Mitchell are all still there along with murphy and a couple really good OL
    theres a lot of nice talent still there

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    Are you hanging on the Vikings boards tonight? How's the draft going over with all my old friends from when I lived in the Twin Cities? Any strong early reactions?

Hey Frozen, I've been here in it's various forms since like 1999 I think. That was JSO Online and good ole Tex was there. No, I am not on any Vikings boards, never found one that had interesting people like here. I like hanging out with you guys.

byron murphy gone

he would have been a nice addition

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    holy fuck, i just saw a real foo man choo

i've only seen those in cartoon drawings of asians in war propaganda posters

Hey motherfucker, I'm rocking that the last 5 years.

Byron Murphy II
    Overview
    Muscular ball of explosiveness with the tools and talent to become a productive three-down defender in the right scheme. Twitchy first-step quickness combined with flexion and power in his lower half create a recipe for disruption as a gap shooter or as a pass rusher. Murphy is powerful and well-schooled at taking on double-teams but lacks ideal mass and length for that role long-term. He’s successful at bypassing protection with sudden hands and quick feet, while his motor and passion create an activity level coaches will love. Forget the average physical traits and modest production and focus on his competitive spirit and disruptive qualities. Murphy is ascending and could become a successful nose tackle or 3-technique in an even front.

Strengths
    Compact frame carries outstanding lean muscle.
    Uses twitchy, controlled bursts to light up gaps and disrupt play development.
    Elite combination of strength, balance and flexible power in his lower half.
    Quick-strike hands help to maneuver around blocks and chase play development.
    Pass rush driven by relentless energy and exemplary edge-to-edge quickness.
    Variety of rush approaches are peppered with fluid transitions and counters.

Weaknesses
    Frame might be close to maxed out.
    Can be swallowed by size if he doesn’t keep it moving.
    Lack of arm length forces him to work harder to separate.
    Could be worn down by NFL double-teams and size.

guy is 6'0 and a half inch and is towering over his whole family by a good foot