Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
4 hours is too fucking long for this shit
It gave me enough time to drink the beers at a low, leisurely, measured pace, befitting my maturity as a senior citizen. Rather than slamming down one every ten minutes so there wouldn't have been any wasted beers from the 12-pack when the program was over.

But then again, it alowed me more time to lose my curds. Cheese curds are part of my game tradition - I have cheese curds on hand for every game, which also means I need to have a bag ready and loaded for draft day. I opened it at the start of the draft, but by the time we picked, I couldn't find where I put them. So I had no curds when it was our pick.

Biggest disappointment of the draft so far, as far as I'm concerned

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
don't be surprised if we jump up to the top of the second if theres someone there we like. we did it with watson
We might even see a couple of those moves, and I wouldn't be shocked if he made a trade that involved a player on our roster. He has contingency plans for every pick in every round, and tomorrow is when we start to get a sense of what those contingencies may be.

Gutekunst's history suggests that this should have been a year where he was very likely to make at least one trade in the 1st. The fact that he did not could mean any number of things; one of those things may be that the round played out roughly as he expected it, and didn't feel a need to move. That he was content to just left the draft come to him on this first day. We may see a different approach on Friday.