Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
It's looking like they got the guy they really wanted at that spot. Gute said they turned down multiple offers to move down, including one from Detroit. They also weren't able to move up high enough to get another player they were targeting. They also turned their pick in almost immediately, which I think speaks to them being happy that they got their guy.
No kidding? He said that? Well, that's really cool. Very reassuring. Like I said, he wouldn't have been my choice, and I was quite surprised, but if Gute is good with it I'll take that and not complain. The man knows his job better than I do. I did wonder whether he tried to deal it and couldn't find a dance partner, but if he was turning down legit offers because this was His Guy, I'm a lot more comfortable. I'm sure he has some plans for Day Two to fill the needs I was hoping he'd fill on Day One. Can't wait to see what they are.

Thanks for sharing that information. I sure woud be curious to know what offers he turned down, but we'll probably never know.