Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Agreed. We have a lot of reason for optimism and should "expect" both players to improve. But the team has a job to do and drafting wisely and being prepared in case that DOESN'T happen is just smart. Also injuries occur so you need some depth.
Absolutely. It’s hard to pay two tackles starters money. They’ll be looking at extending either or both Walker and Tom.

Mike Wahle has said he thinks it’s unlikely Morgan can surpass Walker. He said they’re at completely different points in their development and Walker is ready now.

Steno, when asked about the versatility of his line, he said elg is best at guard or center and Tom looks like he’s a fit for RT. So I don’t think they want to shake that up unless something really proves it necessary.

We’re looking at a probably scenario where Walker and Tom are tackles in 2024. Steno really likes Meyers. Hes said it multiple times. He’s probably our center.

Elg is a guard.

I don’t think they’re looking to move Morgan to guard at all. He’s a rare athlete who projects as a legitimate LT. He has a big learning curve with his technique. I doubt they’ll want to overload him. His development is a priority. So he’s backup LT. Walker probably moved to RT of Tom gets injured. He’s at a spot where he can adjust quicker with not having so many technique problems to work on.

Hopefully Rhyan is a solid player.

The very most likely scenario is

Walker/elg/Meyers/Rhyan/Tom

This is based on Stenos comments.

If Rhyan isn’t it, they’ll move to less desirable scenarios that put less than ideal strain on young players to play too early or take on more more responsibility and versatility than they’re ready for. Rhyan is the piece that will decide the rest.

Going forward Morgan allows us to just pay one tackle next year. So in the long term it’s a great piece under a 5 year deal.