Thread: 2024 1st Round Pick #25 Overall Jordan Morgan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have total confidence in Gute because he does this for a living and has a very good record of demonstrated success, so I won't question this pick. If he says it's the best player available for Green Bay at this point, I have to accept that, because he's earned that deference.

But I can't help wondering what it was he saw in Morgan that just jumps out, that he couldn't have found 4 or 5 or 8 picks later if he'd dropped back. Or maybe he tried, and nobody would go for it. Who knows. Hell; maybe he's really pissed and frustrated that he couldn't work a trade. Who knows.

He just doesn't jump out at me at #25. Gute historically goes for impact players in Round One; not necessarily always immediate impact, but someone who at some point is going to be a real, significant difference maker. A guy who can change the course of the game when he's called upon. And considering that Gute has said that he feels we are in our Super Bowl window right now, I was expecting someone who would be exactly that.

But I just don't see a difference maker when i look at Morgan. He doesn't seem to bring anything that at least a half dozen other players would not have brought with them on Day Two. Not for a team that's looking to challenge for the Lombardi next February.

"While there is plenty that is good about Morgan, it can be argued there is nothing truly great or outstanding."

I trust Gute to know what he's doing and why he does it, but that's just not the summary I was hoping to hear about our 1st Round pick. If that's really the best that can still be said about him 2 or 3 years into his career, I think he's going to be remembered as a poor pick.
    Last edited by Frozen Tundra; 04-25-2024 at 11:49 PM.