Thread: 2024 1st Round Pick #25 Overall Jordan Morgan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    If he makes our OL stronger, and I think he does, I'm fine with the pick. With two trade ups that occured after we picked, I still wonder why we didn't trade down though.

SIDENOTE; I really don't want to offer up our 3rd/4th round picks to trade up. I think the draft is prettty deep this year. Stay the course, unless somebody really offers a lot to move up a bit with GB.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    If he makes our OL stronger, and I think he does, I'm fine with the pick. With two trade ups that occured after we picked, I still wonder why we didn't trade down though.

SIDENOTE; I really don't want to offer up our 3rd/4th round picks to trade up. I think the draft is prettty deep this year. Stay the course, unless somebody really offers a lot to move up a bit with GB.
    My guess is he was concerned about there being a run on OT's so didn't want to trade down and miss out.

Gutekunst said he had multiple options to trade back from No. 25, both to later in the first round and out of it entirely, and that he realized early in the night that he wouldn’t trade up because several players the Packers identified as trade-up targets didn’t fall far enough. With Morgan still available and where the Packers would’ve traded back to, Gutekunst didn’t feel comfortable retreating and instead grabbed his guy, sticking with one first-round pick at his original spot for only the second time in seven drafts as general manager.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    My guess is he was concerned about there being a run on OT's so didn't want to trade down and miss out.
    I think the bit you pasted about Guter having offers to trade down but not wanting to do so was interesting. First, it tells me he might've been considering a different o-lineman to trade up for, since defensive players were falling down the board faster than a drunk on Xanax. Had he wanted, say, Terion Arnold, he could've traded up for him, but no. I'm guessing the trade-down-but-still-first-round option was the Chiefs. That tells me Guter thought that Guyton, Graham-Barton, and Morgan would be gone by #32, and he obviously didn't like that Powers-Johnson-Powers guy or whatever his name is.

Now, will he go up and get a defender this evening, like Dejean or McKinstry, or will he sit tight?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think the bit you pasted about Guter having offers to trade down but not wanting to do so was interesting. First, it tells me he might've been considering a different o-lineman to trade up for, since defensive players were falling down the board faster than a drunk on Xanax. Had he wanted, say, Terion Arnold, he could've traded up for him, but no. I'm guessing the trade-down-but-still-first-round option was the Chiefs. That tells me Guter thought that Guyton, Graham-Barton, and Morgan would be gone by #32, and he obviously didn't like that Powers-Johnson-Powers guy or whatever his name is.

Now, will he go up and get a defender this evening, like Dejean or McKinstry, or will he sit tight?
    I think most GM's operate within their tiers of players. You are not trading out of a slot if there is only one offensive lineman left in your first round tier and also if he is one of the last remaining in the first or second tier. Also they could have liked Morgan way more than several other top tier media OL in this draft. Obviously Morgan was rated higher than any of the defensive players left as well. My guess is that the Packers really liked Mitchell from Toledo and he went off the board before they could figure out how to trade up and get him. Same with Washington offensive lineman

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

41 and our 4th to move up to 33 and take DeJean? You wouldn't like that?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.