Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
I think the bit you pasted about Guter having offers to trade down but not wanting to do so was interesting. First, it tells me he might've been considering a different o-lineman to trade up for, since defensive players were falling down the board faster than a drunk on Xanax. Had he wanted, say, Terion Arnold, he could've traded up for him, but no. I'm guessing the trade-down-but-still-first-round option was the Chiefs. That tells me Guter thought that Guyton, Graham-Barton, and Morgan would be gone by #32, and he obviously didn't like that Powers-Johnson-Powers guy or whatever his name is.

Now, will he go up and get a defender this evening, like Dejean or McKinstry, or will he sit tight?
I think most GM's operate within their tiers of players. You are not trading out of a slot if there is only one offensive lineman left in your first round tier and also if he is one of the last remaining in the first or second tier. Also they could have liked Morgan way more than several other top tier media OL in this draft. Obviously Morgan was rated higher than any of the defensive players left as well. My guess is that the Packers really liked Mitchell from Toledo and he went off the board before they could figure out how to trade up and get him. Same with Washington offensive lineman