Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Official NFL Draft Day 2 (Rounds 2 & 3) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm moderately ok with day 2. We got the positions I wanted for the most part and did not take what I didn't want, another O Lineman.

I wish we had taken Braelon Allen in the 3rd, but I'm glad we did at least get an RB - who sounds a lot like Aaron jones except maybe faster. I woulda taken a flyer on Payton Wilson, but Hopper seems to have some potential too.

And Edgerrin Cooper sounds like the real deal. I wish I'd named him instead of Chop Robinson.
    This is why I hate this draft to this point. Ok, round 1 was ok, we got a tackle in a really good tackle draft, but this draft was known for this: 1) Very deep OL draft 2) Very deep WR draft 3) Strong DL draft after round 1 4) Weak RB draft 5) Weak LB draft 5) Weak S draft. 6) Strong CB draft

We drafted 2 off ball LBs, a S and a RB with 4 of our 5 "top 100" picks Gutes raved about. We drafted for need because "we are so close". Those drafts have worked out for shit so far for Gutes. The last 2 drafts when we had to recover from the cap hell he pretty much took BPA and it worked out really well. EDGE and 2 TE in a draft that was deep at both. Then 2 late "tweeners" late that worked out well.

I hope I'm wrong, but this feels like one giant "need" draft.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Sherman said exactly that after he traded up in the third round for a punter named BJ Sander. There’s a reason Sherman ain’t ever missed the playoffs as GM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Because he traded up into the third for a punter who sucked?
    No cuz he inherited a great roster and then lost the job before the effects of his drafts took full effect.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities that Green Bay thinks they got their #1 option of the entire draft at three positions, S, LB, and RB. Weak at those positions or not, that's crazy.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    No cuz he inherited a great roster and then lost the job before the effects of his drafts took full effect.
    Sherman had his share of hits. J-Walk was pro bowler who got Thompson a 2nd rounder, which eventually turned out to be Colledge, who was a starter on the fluke Super Bowl 45 team. White Nick Barnett was an all-pro and, albeit injured, a core player on the aforementioned SB team. Corey Williams was good enough to land Thompson another 2nd, which turned out to be Super Bowl hero Nick Collins. Scott Wells was solid as fuck. UDFA Cullen Jenkins dominated in the playoffs during the SB run.

To say that Sherman sucked as GM is full-scale ignorance. Did I mention that Sherman ain’t ever missed the playoffs?
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 04-27-2024 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Getting ready for the last session of poker. Quitting no matter the outcome.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Attending the draft looks boring.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I assume you meant Hasselbeck. But wait a minute. Wilde is saying that Wolf was telling the press who he thought the Packers would be drafting before the pick was made? That seems hard to believe. There has always been speculation though about whether that was Wolf's last draft or Sherman's first draft.

Wolf was giving pressors/info to the GB media. So not to anybody outside of the building. Times were very different back then.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I assumed it was material prepared to share after the pick. Still odd.
    yes, that could have been we well. I thought it was slightly before the pick. Either way the GB media heads covering GB knew Wolf wanted Morgan and Reynolds was all Sherman..per Jason Wilde
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?