Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
I'm moderately ok with day 2. We got the positions I wanted for the most part and did not take what I didn't want, another O Lineman.

I wish we had taken Braelon Allen in the 3rd, but I'm glad we did at least get an RB - who sounds a lot like Aaron jones except maybe faster. I woulda taken a flyer on Payton Wilson, but Hopper seems to have some potential too.

And Edgerrin Cooper sounds like the real deal. I wish I'd named him instead of Chop Robinson.
This is why I hate this draft to this point. Ok, round 1 was ok, we got a tackle in a really good tackle draft, but this draft was known for this: 1) Very deep OL draft 2) Very deep WR draft 3) Strong DL draft after round 1 4) Weak RB draft 5) Weak LB draft 5) Weak S draft. 6) Strong CB draft

We drafted 2 off ball LBs, a S and a RB with 4 of our 5 "top 100" picks Gutes raved about. We drafted for need because "we are so close". Those drafts have worked out for shit so far for Gutes. The last 2 drafts when we had to recover from the cap hell he pretty much took BPA and it worked out really well. EDGE and 2 TE in a draft that was deep at both. Then 2 late "tweeners" late that worked out well.

I hope I'm wrong, but this feels like one giant "need" draft.