Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Official NFL Draft Day 2 (Rounds 2 & 3) Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Marshawn Lloyd

Pre-Draft Analysis
    Lloyd explodes through the hole, accelerates around the corner and rips off chunk runs when he gets a seam. He has the foot speed to sift through traffic between the tackles, bounce outside and make defenders miss. Lloyd averaged 7.1 yards per carry last season. He's a compact back with good size and a low center of gravity. He uses his speed to make plays down the seam as a receiver out of the backfield and flashes after the catch. With his size and strength, he could develop into an effective pass-blocker. -- Steve Muench

Post-Draft Analysis
    Green Bay saw Aaron Jones leave in free agency after the team signed Josh Jacobs at running back. That leaves veteran AJ Dillon in the backup role, but his contract is set to expire after the 2024 season. Lloyd is the type of powerful, patient runner (much like Jacobs) who is an ideal fit for the Packers' zone run scheme. He's also a dangerous pass-catcher out of the backfield and gives Green Bay another option in that role replacing Jones. -- Matt Miller
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Marshawn Lloyd

Pre-Draft Analysis
    Lloyd explodes through the hole, accelerates around the corner and rips off chunk runs when he gets a seam. He has the foot speed to sift through traffic between the tackles, bounce outside and make defenders miss. Lloyd averaged 7.1 yards per carry last season. He's a compact back with good size and a low center of gravity. He uses his speed to make plays down the seam as a receiver out of the backfield and flashes after the catch. With his size and strength, he could develop into an effective pass-blocker. -- Steve Muench

Post-Draft Analysis
    Green Bay saw Aaron Jones leave in free agency after the team signed Josh Jacobs at running back. That leaves veteran AJ Dillon in the backup role, but his contract is set to expire after the 2024 season. Lloyd is the type of powerful, patient runner (much like Jacobs) who is an ideal fit for the Packers' zone run scheme. He's also a dangerous pass-catcher out of the backfield and gives Green Bay another option in that role replacing Jones. -- Matt Miller
    Sounds like a younger and lower mileage version. Could start day 1.

Hey Tank, Pack finally got Marshawn at RB.!

Blog Entries
    Our Defensive Coordinator's best CB last year just came off the board....Elijah Jones
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Lloyd is a very similar back to Jacobs.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

ANNOUNCE THE FUCKING PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!

wilson has his work cut for him if he's going to stick, and Dillon's almost certainly gone now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    wilson has his work cut for him if he's going to stick, and Dillon's almost certainly gone now.
    Wilson is done by why Dillion?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Wilson is done by why Dillion?
    I was thinking that from the way the front office has been raving about Wilson, they expect to keep him on the roster. If they're right abut that Dillon would be the 4th man in a 3-man position group.

But that'll all depend on whether the two younger guys meet expectations in camp.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    I was thinking that from the way the front office has been raving about Wilson, they expect to keep him on the roster. If they're right abut that Dillon would be the 4th man in a 3-man position group.

But that'll all depend on whether the two younger guys meet expectations in camp.
    I took that as build up to dump him off to another team. I would take Dillion over him.

I took that as build up to dump him off to another team. I would take Dillion over him.
    Frankly, from what I've seen of him so far (in.... what.... 16 carries?) there's a really good basis for that argument, too. They sure do lay down the smoke.

Hopper, LB Mizzou

man I thought he was a 6th round option

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    man I thought he was a 6th round option
    YUP; I thought we was round 5/6 as well but I do like him as a player
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Coverage linebacker. Happy birthday, kid!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Coverage linebacker. Happy birthday, kid!
    How are the hands because he is gonna get some INT chances with the rookie North QBs.

How are the hands because he is gonna get some INT chances with the rookie North QBs.
    Wouldn't say dainty. Maybe supple is the right word. He has a careful touch. I recommend 100%

Ty'Ron Hopper

Pre-Draft Analysis
    Hopper is a lighter inside linebacker and is at his best playing downhill between the tackles. He has the burst to shoot into gaps and disrupt plays in the backfield. He chases with good effort and has the range to make plays outside the tackle box. Hopper gets to depth and reads the quarterback when he drops to hook or curl. He also is competitive matching up with tight ends and is -- for the most part -- an effective wrap-up tackler. In the NFL, he has good special teams upside. -- Steve Muench
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I'll be honest. I have hated today. Ecooper is an athlete, not an instinctual LB. Bullard is the best S in a weak S draft....just like darnell savage was. I like wilson better than either LB we took. I like 2 RBs better than the one we took.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'll be honest. I have hated today. Ecooper is an athlete, not an instinctual LB. Bullard is the best S in a weak S draft....just like darnell savage was. I like wilson better than either LB we took. I like 2 RBs better than the one we took.
    wilson is 137 years old, has had both knees replaced, and is due for a new hip

other then that he's the perfect prospect.

he's like a vintage toy. he's awesome if you leave him in his package and don't play with him

This one feels like a reach. He’s got flashes, and is physical…but needs some consistency.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!