Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFL Draft Day 2 (Rounds 2 & 3) Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Holmes has insisted he does not carry that mindset, but if he trades away one of next year's picks to move up this year we'll know he was bullshitting. Minny is a complete mystery to me - they don't have a third round pick next year already, I think. It's a weird team - some older guys on defense, I think, yet they are starting over at QB. Just a weird mishmash.
    The Vikings have traded away their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks for 2025.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The Vikings have traded away their 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks for 2025.
    Holy hell, Batman. How are they going to surround the new QB with talent next year if they have a first-rounder and a bunch of late-rounders next year? That's crazy - and not in a good way.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Best Available Specific to the Packers for the 2nd Round

Cooper DeJean DB Iowa - Not sure if he is a fit at corner for the Packers or a move to Safety or the nickel would be in his future if the Packers would draft him. Solid all around football player that showed out at his pro day. Not sure the hesitation on him as he slipped out of the first round

Kool-Aid McKinstry CB Alabama - There might be an issue with a foot, and possible surgery or something, I don't know. You could draft him to play the outside and move Alexander inside to cover the slot, but you really have a lot of question marks opposite Alexander. Hell Alexander is a question mark.

Jer'zan Newton DT Illini - Not sure how he fell out of the first round. I had Big Ten coaches telling me he was disruptor #1 in the Big Ten. Probably because his build isn't clean and he played at Illinois

Edgerrin Cooper LB Texas A&M - I liked his film the more I watched it. The reality is most teams only play with two LB's on the field and don't buy into talk about the 4-3 base, you will see it about 23% of the time in Green Bay. You need to really athletic linebackers that can run and cover. Walker is athletic and better out of space. Seems clueless in coverage, loves defending green grass.

Javon Bullard S Georgia - Another Bulldog that just does what is expected and plays football the right way. Size is a bit of a concern for him as he plays super physical but under 200 pounds he is gonna have to protect himself in the NFL. Packers need a safety.

Ennis Rakestraw CB Missou - Is not an ideal fit for Gute as his RAS score is in the low 6's. He is an exceptional football player on the field though, and is a high IQ player with physicality.

Kris Jenkins DL Michigan/Braylon Fiske DL FSU/Michael Hall DL OSU - Not sure why the Packers go to the second round for a defensive tackle as they have a decent rotation at the moment. It would be for the future in 2025 or 2026. all three of these guys are pretty similar depending on what draft boards you look at. Fiske is probably the more explosive of the three while Jenkins is the strongest. Hall could be the best combination of strength and athleticism.

Marshawn Kneeland DE Western Michigan - Lack of competition makes me nervous, but the Packers like their large athletic freaks for their defensive end positions. He fits the bill but they don't need it for the 2024 season

Max Melton CB Maryland - Just a solid player at corner, doesn't overwhelm in anything but has the RAS score that is lacking with several other 2nd round Corners. Again not sure the Packers can go into another season trusting Stokes is going to be healthy.

Jayden Hicks S Washington St - Big safety that will fit that hybrid S/LB role when the Packers go with a light box.

Peyton Wilson LB NCST - Has the testing numbers, just didn't love the physicality on film. Smooth player that could fill the coverage holes that are missing from the linebacking core.

Brandon Dorlus DL Oregon - Could bump to the inside on passing downs, and play the 5 tech on run downs, I think he offers a bit more flexibility than the other three defensive linemen above.

Kam Kinchens S Miami - It's too bad the guy didn't test well because his playmaking ability is off the charts, has great instincts and can fill that center field and box safety roles that would keep him on the field for every down. I was really impressed with his film.

Cooper Beebe IOL Kansas St - True guard in the NFL, typical hard working mauler with high trait athleticism from Kansas St. It's guys like this that are available that makes me sort of shake my head at the Morgan pick

Junior Colson LB Michigan - Frustrated because I wasn't blown away by the one film I could watch on him. Michigan's defense usually relies on aggressive down hill linebackers and that was not the impression I received. Might not have been his best film.

Jackson Powers Johnson C Oregon - Best center in the draft, but doesn't offer much in the way of position flexibility and that Packers hate that in their OL prospects

Zach Frazier C/G West Virginia - has more position flexibility than JPJ but lacks the size/athleticism combo

Mike Sainsistril CB Michigan - Lack of overall size would probably position him as more of slot cover guy and nickel player than an every down player for the Packers

Trey Benson RB FSU - I really like his patients and his ability to get to top speed within the first 15 yards. He can catch and run, and sees the angles in the open field. Not sure the Packers need a RB in the second round but Gute is gonna Gute.

Christian Haynes G Uconn - Love his athleticism. This is one of the better drafts for interior OL. Sort of wish the Packers addressed other needs in the first round.

Bralen Trice DE Washington - Didn't test great but another solid edge player. The NFL can't get enough of these guys so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Packers go after him

T'Vondre Sweat DL Texas - He is fat and but he is a bitch to dig out on the LOS. He is only a run down player, because he wears down. In a rotation he could give you a little bit of a rush. If the Packers are committed to stopping the run he would be a cat you would look at drafting. Reach in the 2nd but possible steal in the 3rd (if he is good he is good regardless of Round)

Lots of available receivers - Not sure why the Packers would spend this high of draft capitol on a receiver at this point, but Gute is gonna Gute
    Ja'Lynn Polk WR Washington
    Adonai Mitchell WR Texas
    Roman Wilson WR Michigan
    Malachi Corely WR Western Kentucky
    Keon Coleman WR FSU
    Jalen McMillian WR Washington

DeJean is an interesting case. Posters on reddit were upset the Pack didn't take him, but he proceeded to fall further. Evaluators don't like something about him, he was 'ranked' in the top 20 and fell right out of the first round. We'll see where he finally gets picked up.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

33 Buffalo (from Carolina)
    34 New England
    35 Arizona
    36 Washington
    37 LA Chargers
    38 Tennessee
    39 Carolina (from NY Giants)
    40 Washington (from Chicago)
    41 Green Bay (from NY Jets)
    42 Houston (from Minnesota)
    43 Atlanta
    44 Las Vegas
    45 New Orleans (from Denver)
    46 Indianapolis
    47 NY Giants (from Seattle)
    48 Jacksonville
    49 Cincinnati
    50 Philadelphia (from New Orleans)
    51 Pittsburgh
    52 LA Rams
    53 Philadelphia
    54 Cleveland
    55 Miami
    56 Dallas
    57 Tampa Bay
    58 Green Bay
    59 Houston
    60 Buffalo
    61 Detroit
    62 Baltimore
    63 San Francisco
    64 Kansas City
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Lots of available receivers - Not sure why the Packers would spend this high of draft capitol on a receiver at this point, but Gute is gonna Gute
    It's a very good WR class,they could take someone Day 3. Don't see it Day 2.

Holy hell, Batman. How are they going to surround the new QB with talent next year if they have a first-rounder and a bunch of late-rounders next year?
    MIN's OL has improved over the last few years (their tackles are pretty good at least) and they have the 3 'sons (Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson) who are good. Oh, and Aaron Jones. (too soon?)
    I think it will impact their depth and could hurt them down the road as the team ages (and JJ gets paid). The regular season is a war of attrition.

DeJean is an interesting case. Posters on reddit were upset the Pack didn't take him, but he proceeded to fall further. Evaluators don't like something about him, he was 'ranked' in the top 20 and fell right out of the first round. We'll see where he finally gets picked up.
    I'm not upset he wasn't picked, but I am a little surprised that he wasn't ....by GB or any other team. It makes me wonder if the doctors found something in the medical follow-ups. Absent that, he's worth a high R2 pick IMO.
    Darnell Washington was mocked as high as the teens last year and lasted until R3 because of a foot injury. You never know.
    Last edited by run pMc; 04-26-2024 at 02:16 PM.

reading reports that the Packers are 1 of 3 teams looking to move up in round 2, who do they covet?

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    reading reports that the Packers are 1 of 3 teams looking to move up in round 2, who do they covet?
    coop or kool aide

I think its the LB they want here

bulaga

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    bulaga
    bulaga turned black?

here we go

need to get in front of the cards I guess

Blog Entries
    do NOT trade up. They can get a really dam good LB and a really dam good CB or S with the first two picks. In R 3 they will have a portfolio of Lineman to choose from as well as S/CB. Keep the picks
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    do NOT trade up. They can get a really dam good LB and a really dam good CB or S with the first two picks. In R 3 they will have a portfolio of Lineman to choose from as well as S/CB. Keep the picks
    other then dejean there are no really good safeties in this draft

thats why kitchens and nubin are still considered top prospects even though their RAS scores have then as being borderline retarded

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    other then dejean there are no really good safeties in this draft
    There are plenty of good safeties. If DeJean was that elite he'd have been picked already.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

whos representing the pack tonight, looks like a big dude, but can't see is face

bulaga is making the picks

good luck to anyone living in nebraska and iowa tonight

the guy i saw must not have been the packers guy even though he was standing behind to packer clad kids