Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Thank God George started this thread so I did not have to hijack an actual draft thread!

After years in the wilds of the internet, actually paying for content in some places, this place still discusses the Packers better than any other fan site. Loved reading through the draft threads just now. This year I watched the first round on cheesehead.tv (free version) and it was painful. People who are Patreon subscribers are not good at content or commenting live. Makes sense if you like to watch people drink on a cam so you aren't drinking alone I guess.

Hope all of you are doing well. Are there really 18,000 reading the Packer board or are those bots?

I did not research the draft much this year and so was not in love with Cooper DeJean, therefore Bullard is OK by me. The OT was a head scratcher especially with a ACL issue previously. If he is Zach Tom redux no one will complain though I do think you can take versatility a little too far. The LBs seem speed focused (especially the second one) and I worry we have started to draft ST players a little early. Needs drafts always make we worry because when I agree with the picks, bad things normally happen (see Derrick Sherrod). Wish they would have traded back in the first, but Gute seemed to think that would not work. And he hopefully know more than the mocks.

The guy I am immediately intrigued by is Lloyd. If he can make people miss and take 3 or 4 yard gains 8 or ten yards, that is what LeFleur's offense can really use. I think by now we all know how special Aaron Jones was. He wasn't a mortal lock for superstardom and the HOF only because he was about 3% too small and easily injured. By far my favorite player of this era. Was genuinely sad to see him go, didn't even feel that way about Woodson who I grew to admire a lot. You don't average 5 yards a carry by being anything other than fantastic. If Lloyd can fill that need as a field flipping RB, the offense should be as good as the end of last year.

But the real reason I felt compelled to post today is that no one will appreciate this Vikings draft more than PackerRats. Like you, I am ever so grateful that the Minnesota Vikings/Zygi's Follies found themselves exactly two players away from a Super Bowl after last year! Two players! That's all they need and the only picks they needed (and the only ones they own). Lesser minds think about things such as uncertainty. Not these Vikings. You see 7-10 and think in addition to a QB they need a lot of parts on defense and the O line. Pfftb. Mule fritters. Its loser's thinking to consider the holes on your roster. That was just bad luck. And regression to the mean will fix all that.

They boldly launch the vessel into the sea despite having done no testing and not asking the builder if it was finished. No they didn't take any repair materials, why do you ask?

They should re-build the trophy case in anticipation right away. Well done boys, you never ever disappoint.

In your honor, here are the links to the research your analytically minded HC and GM completely ignored because the Vikings know better. Who needs more swings at the ball? Who needs more darts to throw at the board? Not the Vikings, certainly not these Vikings! Bless their hearts, the purple goobers. I hope that horn catches fire during a loss.

https://www.nber.org/system/files/wo...270/w11270.pdf

https://eml.berkeley.edu/~webfac/mal...p06/Thaler.pdf

Secretly I am hoping Cooper DeJean is Chad Jackson to Javon Bullard's Greg Jennings.
I haven't read the post yet, but let me just say....its about fucking time you returned. Now please change your avatar back to the bad assed looking coach.