Thread: 2024 2nd Round Pick #45 Overall Edgerrin Cooper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The more I ponder this pick, the more mysterious it seems. If they really, really, really loved this guy, you'd think they'd have grabbed him with their #41, instead of trading back with N.O. You couldn't be 100% sure he'd still be there. Yet they also did not trade up to get DeJean, as it seems they could have done, if DeJean was that much more desirable. Maybe they didn't want to lose out on Edgerrin Cooper, or one someone else that they had ranked worthy of a #45 pick. They must've had a list of maybe four guys they liked about equally well, Edgerrin Cooper being one of them.

I just hope he kicks ass and doesn't get hurt due to his weight. I do enjoy the prospect of seeing him fly around and hit people, and maybe cover a tad better than Devondre Campbell.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The more I ponder this pick, the more mysterious it seems. If they really, really, really loved this guy, you'd think they'd have grabbed him with their #41, instead of trading back with N.O. You couldn't be 100% sure he'd still be there.
    Brian had guys in the room telling him that he'd be there. And they really, really needed Cooper.

Balls of steel on our GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The more I ponder this pick, the more mysterious it seems. If they really, really, really loved this guy, you'd think they'd have grabbed him with their #41, instead of trading back with N.O. You couldn't be 100% sure he'd still be there. Yet they also did not trade up to get DeJean, as it seems they could have done, if DeJean was that much more desirable. Maybe they didn't want to lose out on Edgerrin Cooper, or one someone else that they had ranked worthy of a #45 pick. They must've had a list of maybe four guys they liked about equally well, Edgerrin Cooper being one of them.

I just hope he kicks ass and doesn't get hurt due to his weight. I do enjoy the prospect of seeing him fly around and hit people, and maybe cover a tad better than Devondre Campbell.
    I think they saw both guys there, didn't care which one they got so they moved back. That tells me trading up for the other was never a serious option.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.