Thread: 2024 2nd Round Pick #45 Overall Edgerrin Cooper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    From McGinn:

2. EDGERRIN COOPER, Texas A&M (6-2, 230, 4.55, 2): Two-year starter at weak-side LB. “I think he’s a top-15 player,” said one scout. “It’s just the (low) value of the position. He does everything. Nasty and explosive. He covers, blitzes. He’ll take on. He can chase and he’s fast. Really fun to watch. He plays like he can (run the defense). His instincts are outstanding. He’s taller and longer than Roquan (Smith). He’s like Devin Lloyd in that they played him all over the place.” Posted eight of his 8 ½ career sacks in 2023. “He’s the best (linebacker) by far because he can rush the passer, too,” a second scout said. “He played 7-technique sometimes. Has upfield dip. As an inside backer he timed his blitzes. You see him downfield (covering) backs on wheels.” Finished with 204 tackles (30 ½ for loss), three forced fumbles, two picks and 10 passes defensed. “He can’t wear the green dot,” said a third scout. “Not a bad kid at all. He’s just a country kid that came from a poor, poor family upbringing, and he doesn’t know that he doesn’t know.” Late in the season, his girlfriend was killed in an accident as she was riding an ATV. “If people aren’t worried about things he’ll go high because he jumps off the tape,” said a third scout. “Just seems to be involved in every play. He’s a little skinny-legged guy. Plays a little light. I didn’t feel great about the legginess – having to change directions in space. Mid-round guy.” Arms were 34, the longest among the top 15 at the position. “The hangup is, is he able to handle it mentally?” said a fourth scout. “I think he’ll be just like (Devin) White. He’s going to be unorthodox. He’s not going to always play it like the coach wants. But with these quarterbacks these days and when they get out of the pocket, man, you need a guy that can shadow those guys and go get ‘em when the time comes. He can do that as good as anybody. He’s probably got the best close to the football of anybody, even Dallas Turner. His deal isn’t going to be taking on blockers. This guy is a low-wrap tackler where he is going to get you on the ground. He can fly sideline to sideline and scrape as good as anybody in the draft.” Weighed 218 when the Aggies began the season. Was 230 at the combine, 229 at pro day. “He may be close (to a bust) because he’s a mental midget,” said a fifth scout. “But he can do some things where you’re, ‘Wow.’” From Covington, La.

The death of the girlfriend thrown in is one of the most macabre things I’ve seen in a scouting report. Is that supposed to mean he’s damaged goods? I’m not sure why that even is included. Tragic as hell, but not really relatable to football.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The death of the girlfriend thrown in is one of the most macabre things I’ve seen in a scouting report. Is that supposed to mean he’s damaged goods? I’m not sure why that even is included. Tragic as hell, but not really relatable to football.
    100%. So fucking bizarre, if not cruel.

@Marcus_Mosher
    The
    @PFF
    stable metrics for Texas A&M LB Edgerrin Cooper are INSANE:

98th percentile run stop %
    97th percentile run defense grade
    96th percentile coverage grade
    95th percentile forced inc. %
    95th percentile box cov. grade

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I don't know. Didn't we draft a kid who's best friend (I think his QB) died and he walked out of camp with depression? Tried to play a year later and never had passion for the game. Cole Madison?? Was that his name? Its relevant.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.