Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2024 3rd Round Pick #88 Overall Marshawn Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    Green was a lot bigger as I remember... very different back
    Then you remember incorrectly. Green was 6’ and 220. Only a tad taller and the same weight.

Jacobs reminds me of Green, and so does this kid.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I just remember reels of him running untouched without making a cut. Thats a lot of what I just saw here. He looks like a nice receiver out of the backfield though and maybe his was drafted to be our 3rd down/change of pace guy. Again, in this draft I simply would not have taken a RB until round 5.
    5th round? That’s crazy. I get the deal with not taking a guy in the first 30-40 picks due to the relative value of the position, but there are a lot of very good football players in college that play RB. It is also an area of need for the Packers because Dillon clearly isn’t a long term answer and it is doubtful anyone other than Jacobs on the current roster is either.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    This guy reminded me a bit of Josh Jacobs. I'm on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I looked at the RAS. This guy is really similar to Jacobs athletically. He's 1 1/2" shorter and has more straight line, but otherwise the measurables are very similar.
    Lindy's magazine has josh jacobs as his NFL comparison

so you aren't the only one that seeing the similarities

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Then you remember incorrectly. Green was 6’ and 220. Only a tad taller and the same weight.

Jacobs reminds me of Green, and so does this kid.
    Neither are anything like Green. Lloyd looks special.

If there was a protion of the scouting world, most importantly the Packers variety, that felt Lloyd was the best back in the draft, we really can't be too upset about using a back-end 3rd on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    Neither are anything like Green. Lloyd looks special.
    So did Green in his highlights. My issue, I saw most of his runs where he simply took the ball and ran thru a big hole. Anyone can do that. I can't fault him for it, I'm just not going to call him special for it.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    If there was a protion of the scouting world, most importantly the Packers variety, that felt Lloyd was the best back in the draft, we really can't be too upset about using a back-end 3rd on him.
    The packers have a lot of missed in the RB drafted category. jones was the exception.

So did Green in his highlights. My issue, I saw most of his runs where he simply took the ball and ran thru a big hole. Anyone can do that. I can't fault him for it, I'm just not going to call him special for it.
    Did Green average 0.4 missed tackles created per run? Doubtful.

And it is highly difficult to create missed tackles if you are just running through a wide open hole all the time.

i finally watched some highlights of this kid. i don't even want to say who he reminded me of

dudes gonna be fun to watch

My dad said he looks like Walter Payton. Can't say I had the 'pleasure', but that's high acclaim.

Bet he’ll get screamed at more than once for not just hitting the hole.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Did Green average 0.4 missed tackles created per run? Doubtful.

And it is highly difficult to create missed tackles if you are just running through a wide open hole all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i finally watched some highlights of this kid. i don't even want to say who he reminded me of

dudes gonna be fun to watch
    He watched a lot of Barry Sanders. Compared his game and build to Josh Jacobs.

LIS, Lloyd is nothing like Green. Different build, different strides, different everything. Green has four inches on Lloyd. lol

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, you been losing at the tables lately?

All RBs can run but not all have the vision to see those holes you despise so much. A huge frustration with RBs that I have is seeing the camera angle that shows where he could have ran (Dillion). You get guys that just run into walls. If defenders are occupying a space than there has to other space open to run on every play right? Seems this guy can find it so if that is the complaint then Gutes came up on this pick big time.

Emmitt Smith was 5’9” 220.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

How the game has changed. Robert Newhouse was a running back with the Dallas Cowboys in the 70's and early 80's (early on as a fulback), went 5'-10", weighed about 210, and was known as "The Human Bowling Ball." He was fun to watch.

Now, a 210 llb running back is nearly a scatback. Aaron Jones was about 210, wasn't he? And he was considered a "light" RB compared to the Josh Jacobses and the AJ Dillons.

As always, I know nothing about whether these guys will be any good. So we'll just have to wait and see. But I hope he's fuckin' awesome, and maybe gets a chance to bowl over Cooper DeJean in Brazil.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Those highlights of Green were fun. I remembered he played for Hawaii but forgot they were in the WAC. In other words, he was probably the best athlete on the field most of the time.
    Watch those highlights -- he's running against light boxes on delayed/draw plays with gaping holes against a lower level of competition.

He was worth a Day 3 lottery ticket (R4 was a reach and a classic Ted "who?" pick) but Alex Green and Marshawn Lloyd are different players.

Edit: Aaron Jones was listed at 5'9, 208 but he played lighter than that. (Closer to 195-200). I suspect Emmitt did too.

Ray rice is kind of a similar build
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    How the game has changed. Robert Newhouse was a running back with the Dallas Cowboys in the 70's and early 80's (early on as a fulback), went 5'-10", weighed about 210, and was known as "The Human Bowling Ball." He was fun to watch.

Now, a 210 llb running back is nearly a scatback. Aaron Jones was about 210, wasn't he? And he was considered a "light" RB compared to the Josh Jacobses and the AJ Dillons.

As always, I know nothing about whether these guys will be any good. So we'll just have to wait and see. But I hope he's fuckin' awesome, and maybe gets a chance to bowl over Cooper DeJean in Brazil.
    Jones is 190 after a big meal. That's per a recent LaFleur interview.