Thread: 2024 3rd Round Pick #91 Overall Ty'Ron Hopper

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    WHO they actually picked doesn't even enter into my opinion about the trade. The trade was solely about an opportunity.
    In my opinion the justification for that trade was a little weak. They thought they'd lose Rasul, and he was getting older. Well if they lost him after his contract expired, there would have been a compensatory pick. I'm not sure if Bufallo's 3rd rounder was that much better than a compensatory pick. Rasul graded really well, and some folks thought he was their best defensive player in 23 prior to the trade. I was thinking about his ascension into Al Harris territory as far as Packer history goes.

The timing looks pretty bad in retrospect - it looked like Brian was throwing in the towel on the season. I saw Jaire's interview after it happened and he looked devastated. I don't know if that had anything to do with him acting out later in the season when he crowned himself a team captain, but it wouldn't shock me if it did. All that said they managed to make it work pretty well with the other guys on the roster.

I think who they chose with the trade pick is irrelevant, and shouldn't be compared to Rasul. Two separate transactions.

I think Brian is really, really good at his job. But even the greats are lucky to bat .500 in this business.
    Last edited by Scott Campbell; 05-01-2024 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Grammer.