Thread: 2024 3rd Round Pick #91 Overall Ty'Ron Hopper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I'd have preferred they just trade it for a 2025 R2 pick to some stupid team. They really like Hopper and had him highly rated on their board - which is definitely not some consensus board - so maybe being the pros at this they know something we don't.
    I wasn't super impressed or depressed by what little I saw of him (only watched one game so far). He's... ok. If he's just a guy to push McDuffie for LB3 and play ST then it's not the worst pick. Not the best pick either. It's just...meh.

And yes, I had higher hopes for the pick based on trading Rasul.
    But we still don't know how this guy will turn out. WE don't like the pick, but the guy hasn't played a down in the NFL yet, much less a season or two to develop. So it could still turn out - it's just that we experts here don't think it will.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    But we still don't know how this guy will turn out. WE don't like the pick, but the guy hasn't played a down in the NFL yet, much less a season or two to develop. So it could still turn out - it's just that we experts here don't think it will.
    Agree. I mean, what's done is done and he's a Packer so I'm rooting for him. They needed ILBs and he's not an awful pick. I just think he'd have been there on Day 3 and there was an opportunity cost.
    While I do like referring to a consensus board vs. one single draft "expert's" board, it's not meaningful within the context of a specific team's board. I suspect Peyton Wilson was off GB's board completely for medical and age reasons. Kool-Aid McKinstry was probably off their board because of that toe issue which supposedly can be a chronic problem. Some guys probably were higher or lower because of scheme fit or what was between the ears in interviews. They have access to a LOT more info than Schefter or Rapaport or Pauline or any of those guys.... the medicals and character stuff matters a lot.

All of this to say that most teams whittle down their board to approx 120 players, and Gute indicated that he got players "inside his top 50" with his Day 1 and 2 picks. That's a win I guess? Here's hoping so.