Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
But we still don't know how this guy will turn out. WE don't like the pick, but the guy hasn't played a down in the NFL yet, much less a season or two to develop. So it could still turn out - it's just that we experts here don't think it will.
Agree. I mean, what's done is done and he's a Packer so I'm rooting for him. They needed ILBs and he's not an awful pick. I just think he'd have been there on Day 3 and there was an opportunity cost.
While I do like referring to a consensus board vs. one single draft "expert's" board, it's not meaningful within the context of a specific team's board. I suspect Peyton Wilson was off GB's board completely for medical and age reasons. Kool-Aid McKinstry was probably off their board because of that toe issue which supposedly can be a chronic problem. Some guys probably were higher or lower because of scheme fit or what was between the ears in interviews. They have access to a LOT more info than Schefter or Rapaport or Pauline or any of those guys.... the medicals and character stuff matters a lot.

All of this to say that most teams whittle down their board to approx 120 players, and Gute indicated that he got players "inside his top 50" with his Day 1 and 2 picks. That's a win I guess? Here's hoping so.