Thread: Official NFL Draft Day 3 (Rounds 4-7) NFL Draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    230 is pretty light to take on blocks, that's why a lot of LBs don't anymore... or don't do it well. You see a lot more of them trying to run around the block or beat the blocker to the gap.
    Sending a 230 pound man to take on a 330 pound man in a full sprint is not going to end well for the smaller guy, at least not after a few snaps of it. It's how the game is now, with speedier backers who need to cover ground.

Hopper seems more eager to take on a block than Cooper, but Cooper likes to shoot gaps and is so fast. They will both be aggressive and can run. I think Hopper is easily LB4, but ILs get hurt a lot so he'll play. I hope Hopper plays as well as Dennis Hopper acted. He was a hoot in Blue Velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Hopper seems more eager to take on a block than Cooper, but Cooper likes to shoot gaps and is so fast. They will both be aggressive and can run. I think Hopper is easily LB4, but ILs get hurt a lot so he'll play. I hope Hopper plays as well as Dennis Hopper acted. He was a hoot in Blue Velvet.
    Doesn't help he uses his body to take on blocks instead of his arms.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Doesn't help he uses his body to take on blocks instead of his arms.
    That's understandable. Dennis was never the strongest actor out there.